Today is the day! It's the day you tell the world your favorite place to buy coral! SHOUT OUT!

Do you have a "GO TO" place that you buy coral from?

• Yes, one and only one!

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Yes but open to good deals from others!

Votes: 161 43.3%
  • I'll buy from anyone who sells nice corals!

Votes: 162 43.5%
  • I'm loyal to my wallet only!

Votes: 56 15.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok this is an easy one today BUT special because the world is going to find out who your favorite vendor for buying coral is! You get to share your love with the world and give a nice shout out to your go to coral provider! There is ONE catch though. YOU MUST ONLY NAME ONE!!! Feel free to tag them and maybe they'll hook you up with a free frag! :)

So here is the QOTD!

What vendor/company is your MOST FAVORITE place to buy coral from? (NAME ONLY ONE)

Favorite Place to buy coral.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought corals in a long time as my 40g tank was stocked to overflowing!
20190110_095104 R1.jpg

I have a couple of favorites. Cultivated Reef is one and they are a sponsor here. They have treated me extremely well in the past. My other favorite is VIP Reef in Miami. Most of the RFAs I've bought, came from there about 5 years ago!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy from local reefkeepers and the LFS. I've never placed an online order for corals; doesnt mean I wont, I just havent. There are a couple locals that have everything you could want. They're always healthy and priced awesome.

RwP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my last crash a few months back I set up a reefer 350 SPS tank and I am only buying from Adam @Battlecorals. Sometimes I am loyal to a fault but in my opinion he goes out of his way to help out with anything he can and to me that goes along way.

Last edited:

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im sorry but I work for my money and will buy local first where I get a lot of pieces at fair or near wholesale and mainly buy out coral from tanks being torn down.
Cant justify paying $50 for shipping Before i see one coral piece. Then a certain vendor in which I got a certificate for xmas and at $25, the cheapest coral is Gsp or Xenia frag for $35 ???????????
So add $45 for ship and one just scored a 3/4" xenia for $80 !! ??
Im way smarter than that- I'll pass. . . . Sorry

Last edited:

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many of the same named corals, are being sold by most all of the online venders. I go for the ones with the cheapest shipping for me. If a 5 dollar coral ships for 50,that's a 55 dollar coral.I like that arc corals and tck corals have a cheap 21 dollar option for me.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry but I work for my money and will buy local first where I get a lot of pieces at fair or near wholesale and mainly buy out coral from tanks being torn down.
Cant justify paying $50 for shipping Before i see one coral piece. Then a certain vendor in which I got a certificate fr xmas and at $25, the cheapest coral is Gsp or Xenia frag for $35 ???????????
So add $45 for ship and one just scored a 3/4" xenia for $80 !! ??
Im way smarter than that- I'll pass. . . . Sorry
I may be wrong, but I’m assuming this post is in response to mine. The JF corals I have were either purchased from him at RAP in Orlando (no shipping because I live in Jacksonville, and I drive down) or the pieces my LFS have from him, which they get since their booth is next to his at RAP in Orlando. My zoas & palys are from [email protected] when he’s at RAP in Orlando, (which I share with my LFS).These are the only people I purchased coral through until August 2018, and I got caught up in an online auction. Received my corals & dipped them, but never thought to quarantine them. I thought the coral dips killed everything, and I found out the hard way they don’t. Two weeks later my whitetail Bristletooth showed signs of velvet. Since I only purchased fish/corals from same people, and never had any illness/disease/loss, I didn’t have a quarantine set up. My LFS helped get me set up, but it was too late, I lost all my fish and it was heartbreaking. I won’t make that mistake again.

I’m not able to “work” for my money any more, because I have Multiple Sclerosis and am on disability (that I’m entitled to receive, from working hard for 20+ years) My husband works extra, so his daughter (who has Aspergers Syndrome) and his wife can have things that help them either mentally or physically. We set money aside, so it will be there each year for RAP ($200) Everything else we purchas from our LFS ( who we have a great relationship with) or used from the R2R sale thread.

I don’t have a ton of corals, and some of the larger pieces I have, I will frag to give to people who may not have that much. All I ask is for them to pay it forward.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cultivated Reef and Aqua Corals are both local to me. I've seen their tanks and meet the owners both are very helpful. When I wanted a specific RFA Cultivated Reef got me exactly want I wanted. Both being local means no shipping cost which is great.

I've also bought from @AquaSD. Their ebay sales are amazing, even with shipping you can get some great deals as long as you buy several at a time and spread the shipping cost over them. For example if you buy 5 you're basically adding $8 on the price.. and I've got some for $3-4 before so total coral cost was $11-12.

Lastly @p@blo from Marine Farmers has really unique soft corals. Shipping sucks but he has things I haven't seen anywhere else so its worth it.
FTS4.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a "go to", but we had a disagreement on service.
Now I buy from whom ever has something that catches my eye.
mostly at the frag shows. (we seem to have one monthly).
:cool:

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefKoi Corals in Colorado Springs
Great guy! We used to buy from his garage when we lived there. Do they still do Reef Stock at the Aquarium in Denver?

I chose that my wallet decides what I buy, mostly. If I see something I’ve gotta have, I’ll buy it but I’m usually very cautious of dropping money on a whim on coral.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I may be wrong, but I’m assuming this post is in response to mine. The JF corals I have were either purchased from him at RAP in Orlando (no shipping because I live in Jacksonville, and I drive down) or the pieces my LFS have from him, which they get since their booth is next to his at RAP in Orlando. My zoas & palys are from [email protected] when he’s at RAP in Orlando, (which I share with my LFS).These are the only people I purchased coral through until August 2018, and I got caught up in an online auction. Received my corals & dipped them, but never thought to quarantine them. I thought the coral dips killed everything, and I found out the hard way they don’t. Two weeks later my whitetail Bristletooth showed signs of velvet. Since I only purchased fish/corals from same people, and never had any illness/disease/loss, I didn’t have a quarantine set up. My LFS helped get me set up, but it was too late, I lost all my fish and it was heartbreaking. I won’t make that mistake again.

I’m not able to “work” for my money any more, because I have Multiple Sclerosis and am on disability (that I’m entitled to receive, from working hard for 20+ years) My husband works extra, so his daughter (who has Aspergers Syndrome) and his wife can have things that help them either mentally or physically. We set money aside, so it will be there each year for RAP ($200) Everything else we purchas from our LFS ( who we have a great relationship with) or used from the R2R sale thread.

I don’t have a ton of corals, and some of the larger pieces I have, I will frag to give to people who may not have that much. All I ask is for them to pay it forward.
Wasn't in response to yours but rather a general response but I enjoyed reading your view.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Travis @FishOfHex or David @ Vivid Aquariums are my goto guys. They take great strides in making sure their products live up to their standards (which is pretty high because they're both reefers) There are alot of good vendors out there I've bought from AquaSD, Unique Corals, and many others but my best quality pieces have come from Fish Of Hex & Vivid.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back