Tomini Tang being bit?

brrdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tomini Tang that has always looked great and seems happy and eats good but has always been a little shy. I just bought a two spot candy Hogfish about two weeks ago and have recently seen some larger white spots on one side of the tang. Could he be being harassed? Or is this an infection or some other issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. He seems a little more shy than normal but eats well still and is munching on Nori and algae around the tank.

99A7B6A9-555E-4E96-82C6-AEEA7BB53777.jpeg 56747ACB-00E1-4D6E-94FD-CA82AB5CFE27.jpeg 5603CA35-C774-457C-A7E3-E6C1CA177C7A.jpeg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is it possible to get some pics with white lights on? It does appear to have some wounds from either another fish or possibly rockwork if it's being chased. I will tag the best of the best for you & best of luck :) #fishmedic

OP
OP
B

brrdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Zach. I just tried to get a photo with white light but he just went into his hiding spot. He has always been a cautious fish. I really like him and just want to make sure that the new hogfish is the problem before I take it back to my lfs for some credit. I did see the hogfish open his mouth wide kind of at the tang but haven’t seen any actual attacks happen. Just wanting to rule out any possible bacterial issues or brook or anything like that. Other fish seem great and happy.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one who's constantly in and out of rocks and fights with an anthias here and there. Nothing major they both get a scrap once in awhile. I would monitor it and see if it gets worse. Most heal up in a week or so and it might be more stressful trying to catch him.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This looks like an injury that has developed into a secondary bacterial infection
Assure water quality is is good Treatment best done in a separate quarantine setting using either seachem neoplex or Maracyn 2
Other option is ruby rally pro which will take longer

OP
OP
B

brrdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your help. If I don’t see any improvement in the very near future. I will QT and treat. I appreciate it. Awesome community.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back