moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
89B2A0A5-945A-4D8F-A0D0-BE0F4F6F6F2D.jpeg
B1323DAE-8C1E-407C-B047-318B4626BC27.jpeg

Hey everyone,

I asked this a little bit ago- about the spots on the tangs face (I thought it was HLLE or something) and another person said they look like lesions and it’s probably from carbon.
So I took a look at my mech filters and I think one of them had carbon- so I tossed it (about 2 weeks ago). I still use filter floss and a 100 micron pad that I change out daily just to keep the water crystal clear.
The tang also has a seaweed clip (something that I wasn’t doing before) so I assume it’s getting the right diet. The tang acts normal- no other signs of anything.
I do also use Chemipure elite (which I know has carbon) but was told that it’s a higher quality carbon and shouldn’t be an issue.
I guess my question is should I stop using Chemipure? Should I be worried? The spots are not getting better. he eats just fine, has plenty of enormous craps lol, but he does like to hide all the time in little coves so wasn’t sure if that is the cause. Any input is appreciated

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemipure is fine, it is a high quality carbon. The spots will take a very very very long time to heal if at all. Yes feed seaweed and a high quality food, the fish will graze also. Dont expect the spots to go away in any foreseeable future.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back