Tomini tang sand or ich?

Mrsmyrna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i upgraded my tank over the weekend everything is running smoothly. But have noticed white spots on my tang. He has them in the mornings but not in the afternoon none of the other fish have it. So my question is are my cleaner shrimp cleaning the ich off him during the day? Or is it just sand for him sleeping through out the night. I would post photos but by wife's photo doesnt show anything on him in her picture. But can update later today. And in the morning again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cleaner does not clear ich in many cases but picks off foreign matter.
Pics under white light would be very helpful in determining what you are looking at

OP
OP
Mrsmyrna

Mrsmyrna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics under white light would be very helpful in determining what you are looking at
I will post today after work and in the morning. But im just thinking its the light sand being kicked up when he is sleeping

OP
OP
Mrsmyrna

Mrsmyrna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can see hints of white spots on himin this video this was 2 days ago and this morning he was covered but last night had nothing and once the wofe took the kods to school he had nothing or very little on him....pics are her phone

Attachments

• 20210412_152930.mp4
    88.2 MB
  • received_575203610107100.jpeg
    received_575203610107100.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 107
  • received_762823284376700.jpeg
    received_762823284376700.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 94

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see in those pics. I agree with vetteguy53081 but I also add that I have never seen sand stick to a tang or any other fish.
So, better pics and watch him for a few days. Ick will drop off and then reattach after a few days as the life cycle goes. Ick is not fun but beatable.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lighting is very blue but this can also be flukes. You can in a clean pail or bucket try to administer a freshwater dip for 4-5 minutes in the same temperature as display tank
Thereafter, return fish to display tank and look on bottom of container fir what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales- if present, those are flukes.
If not, you’ve eliminated the possibility of flukes.
Generally ich in its stages can be on the fish and appear to go away to again return. This is the stage where it has released new cysts and will again seek hosts to continue its life cycle

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a tomini tang for quite a while. He would lay on the sand but it would never stick to him for more than a few seconds after he swam around.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if this is related but wanted to share a scare I had recently lol.

I’m in the process of setting up a new tank, and currently just have a yellow tang and a one spot fox face. I don’t have any corals or anything else in there except sand and live rock. (I don’t have ato yet)

over the weekend I didn’t top off and on Monday the return pump was sucking a bit of air and putting a bunch of micro bubbles into the tank. I topped off tank (tank is in my office) and went to work. About 15 min later I was waking by the tank and the fox face looked like it had severe ick or something! Upon closer inspection it was micro air bubbles stuck all over him lol. After about another 15-20 min all the air bubbles were gone and he looked normal again.
But for a second I was freaking out lol.

OP
OP
Mrsmyrna

Mrsmyrna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting is very blue but this can also be flukes. You can in a clean pail or bucket try to administer a freshwater dip for 4-5 minutes in the same temperature as display tank
Thereafter, return fish to display tank and look on bottom of container fir what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales- if present, those are flukes.
If not, you’ve eliminated the possibility of flukes.
Generally ich in its stages can be on the fish and appear to go away to again return. This is the stage where it has released new cysts and will again seek hosts to continue its life cycle
Ok so this is now

Attachments

• received_467170574704423.jpeg
    received_467170574704423.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 81

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back