TOMINI TANG sick??

bowiereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help i think my tang is sick not sure what to do has white patches and looks like something my have bit him by his belly also exhibiting labored breathing I think. Video and pics attached

20210724_121327.jpg 20210724_121328.jpg

Attachments

• 20210724_121906.mp4
    16.1 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't see it in the still shots, but in the video I can see two larger lesions - on on its belly and one on its back. Was the fish netted or moved recently?

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was netted like two weeks ago
That is long enough ago that most likely wasn’t the cause. Any fish that could be fighting with it?
If not, that leaves some disease issue. In turn, that could be the root cause for the rapid breathing. Do you have a treatment tank you can use?
Jay

OP
OP
bowiereefer

bowiereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is long enough ago that most likely wasn’t the cause. Any fish that could be fighting with it?
If not, that leaves some disease issue. In turn, that could be the root cause for the rapid breathing. Do you have a treatment tank you can use?
Jay
I have seen my chromis being aggressive towards it at times but he usually chases it off. I do know that the chromis killed the other two that came with him but hasn't been aggressive towards any other fish. Other fish in tank are 2 clowns and a six line wrasse and 2vpurplw firefish. I do not have another tank at the moment.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen my chromis being aggressive towards it at times but he usually chases it off. I do know that the chromis killed the other two that came with him but hasn't been aggressive towards any other fish. Other fish in tank are 2 clowns and a six line wrasse and 2vpurplw firefish. I do not have another tank at the moment.
If it’s a green chromis, that shouldn’t be an issue. Without a treatment tank your choices are limited to what you might try. I don’t see any specific signs of disease, but I was leaning towards a secondary bacterial infection from some sort of damage.
Jay

OP
OP
bowiereefer

bowiereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go get another tank what can be done.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back