Tomini tang won’t eat.

umersaleem0388

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey
I recently purchased a tomini tang from lfs. He keeps pecking on the aquarium back glass and rocks but wont eat algae on a clip or any frozen food or pellets. It has been 6 days and no luck with any of the food I have tried to feed him. Should I be in the worried stage now? The clip is right there and he wont go near it. I have tried to place the clip at various locations throughout the tank.

FF8A2700-8457-4BEF-AF9C-CABBB86542E7.jpeg 9D040952-5DD9-477D-AF53-0357B7910483.jpeg

OP
OP
U

umersaleem0388

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try to put the nori on a rock with a rubber band? My scopas loves it that way.
I have tried that. He won’t go anywhere near it. I even soaked pellete in garlic to entice him and he doesnt go near it. So far its only pecking on the rocks and aquarium glass. I will try live brine shrimps as my last resort. If that doesn’t work then i will just hope for the best.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are grazing fish, so the fact that it is pecking at the rocks is a good thing. Since you have already tried rubberbanding nori to a rock, try doing it to a piece of pvc. Sometime it takes awhile for them to figure it out. Try soaking frozen in Selcon. Try Live Blackworms. In my QT tanks, new tangs never went to nori on a clip, but on pvc they tear it up.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is pecking at the glass and rock, he is eating. I wouldn't be overly concerned. My lawnmower blenny hasn't eaten food since I got it 4 or 5 weeks ago. It's still fat and happy because I have algae growing in the tank.

Back