Tomini with marks on body and fins

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this could be from? It already went through two rounds of prazi, a round of copper, melafix/pimafix, and then metro soaked food. It was showing these marks when I fisrst got him. then they went away and now they're back. Could it be a nutrition deficiency? He's eating a lot of meaty foods but hardly any nori. Any help would be appreciated. #reefsquad
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I updated nutrition after initial post so you probably didn't see it. I'm feeding LRS reef frenzy soaked in selcon and trying to feed it nori but it doesn't seem very interested in it. Goes after the frozen food though.
Could it be HLLE?
What type of food are you soaking and are you offering nori?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like he's going back into qt. Just can't believe the bacteria survived two rounds of prazi plus melafix/pimafix
Definitely HLLE present.

There is also a bacterial infection on the fin. Looks like maybe some lympho on the tail as well.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely HLLE present.

There is also a bacterial infection on the fin. Looks like maybe some lympho on the tail as well.
Agree. Zoe is another great additive for HLLE

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered some zoe. I'll start adding that to the frozen food. Thanks
It works best if you thaw and strain out the excess water (dries it) then soak it in the additives. More is consumed this way. :)

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like he's going back into qt. Just can't believe the bacteria survived two rounds of prazi plus melafix/pimafix

Those medications won’t help with bacterial infections all that much (not as much as they advertise anyway) You might have better luck with Triple Sulfa or Furan-2 for the bacterial infection.

Just be careful, since they can be rough on your QT bio-filter...

Have you by chance done a freshwater dip to rule out flukes? There have been quite a few prazi-resistant strains flying around lately...

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those medications won’t help with bacterial infections all that much (not as much as they advertise anyway) You might have better luck with Triple Sulfa or Furan-2 for the bacterial infection.

Just be careful, since they can be rough on your QT bio-filter...

Have you by chance done a freshwater dip to rule out flukes? There have been quite a few prazi-resistant strains flying around lately...

Sounds good I'll look into those. And yes fw dip showed no flukes

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back