Tonga Branch Aquascaping Question

Chiefs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at the moment I'm Aquascaping my 60 Gallon cube, I'm going with a tonga branch aquascape.
Here's an example.
image.jpg

Now I know the most logical way to put them together is Zip Ties or apoxy.... But in my case I had a bunch of these Baggie ties around such as what you use at the grocery store lol. Here's my question would those be ok to use in a reef tank? Or basically are they aquarium safe?

OP
OP
Chiefs Reef

Chiefs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good just make sure the zip ties aren't the ones with the small metal tab. They make some that are all plastic.

What about rubber bands or fishing line? Preferably rubber bands if possible because I have a bunch of those on hand also.

ScottMyers123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use rubber bands to put nori on a rock for my fish so I don't see that being a problem. I would think over time the rubberbands might break and your structure may fall apart. You could you the rubberbands to hold it together and put epoxy over it to hold it long term.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree if it's going to be long term do it right don't skimp you will only regret it in the long run trust us on that one lol

Welcome to r2r :)

loglan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about trying emarco 400 cement. I used it for my pukani and it's a beast of a bond. I used to have all tonga but took it all out for pukani because the tonga is so dense. Good luck with the structure. Show pics when your completed.

OP
OP
Chiefs Reef

Chiefs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree if it's going to be long term do it right don't skimp you will only regret it in the long run trust us on that one lol

Welcome to r2r :)

What about trying emarco 400 cement. I used it for my pukani and it's a beast of a bond. I used to have all tonga but took it all out for pukani because the tonga is so dense. Good luck with the structure. Show pics when your completed.

Ha I understand what your saying about doing it right. Just wondering if I should do more of of the two island scape instead of the big overhang, thoughts or suggestions on what I should do?

OP
OP
Chiefs Reef

Chiefs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone here's what I came up with just using rubber bands, I'm going to pick up some apoxy for the rocks tomorrow and remove the rubber bands... Im also going to add the rest of the rock to it. I have about another 25-30 pounds of rock.

Just did this with rubber bands to see what I could make, I got inspired by the bonsai type scape so I also ot made this like a tree, thoughts?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back