Tonga branch premium live rock is still available

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t get live rock anymore? I’ve been doing this for years, I’m almost 50 and I notice a lot of people posting pictures of their aqua scape and it’s all dry rock and no live rock? I’ve got live rock in my tank that I’ve had for 15, 20 years. It’s no wonder everyone has so many issues nowadays if they are not using live rock. My opinion you have to have live like rock as a base or something

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought that Carib Sea and got my $ back. Half of it was broken. If you want a successful reef tank you have to use live rock, not just fake stuff are you asking for trouble. IMO

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can’t get live rock anymore? I’ve been doing this for years, I’m almost 50 and I notice a lot of people posting pictures of their aqua scape and it’s all dry rock and no live rock? I’ve got live rock in my tank that I’ve had for 15, 20 years. It’s no wonder everyone has so many issues nowadays if they are not using live rock. My opinion you have to have live like rock as a base or something
This hobby is crazy expensive as it is it’s very hard to purchase live rock for me personally none of my local fish stores sell it in a 3 hour radius and shipping and buying that is crazy expensive I really had little choice but to go with the dry

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is crazy expensive as it is it’s very hard to purchase live rock for me personally none of my local fish stores sell it in a 3 hour radius and shipping and buying that is crazy expensive I really had little choice but to go with the dry
I live in the middle of nowhere, St. Louis three hours Nashville about three hours also. Those are the closest places for me to go to find a LFS. I used to live in St. Louis that’s where I ended up purchasing most of my live rock. It’s worth the three or 4 Hour Dr. for anybody that’s setting up a reef tank. Again just my opinion but you have got to have it, even if it’s just in your sump. I have it in my display and in my sump. I bought a trigger CR44, the fuge is full of real live rock. The downside chances are you will have to battle critters at some point or another. But the balance that it brings to your tank makes it worth it

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can look around for tank break downs and pick up a few good pieces

9A5C0DAF-C69C-4EAC-AAC9-A8E5CB78DC67.jpeg
may i buy 1 or 2 peices ?

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just purchased 25 lbs real tonga live rock for $200. If and when it arrives I can poat some pics.

I actually came across this looking for tips on aquascaping live tonga as I only have dealt with dry rock.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just purchased 25 lbs real tonga live rock for $200. If and when it arrives I can poat some pics.

I actually came across this looking for tips on aquascaping live tonga as I only have dealt with dry rock.
Where you buy ? Straight from ocean ?

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That same company. You can't find it on that list though. They're all out of stock. I found this in a random search while researching fake tonga. Not sure if the order will be canceled but i figured it's worth a try.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been holding on to about 300#s of fiji and about 70#s of tonga in containers ive had for around 20+ years for when I get a tank large enough that I will need it, this has me wondering if I should sell it for the premium prices you guys are quoting for it now.

GQuinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with this company.
Aquarium creations online

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need 50 lbs of Tonga zooanthid branch pieces to reap the benefits of real Tonga branch. I got a zoa branch a few years ago. Zoas all ended up detaching and going away. But I got some sponges and other stuff to seed my man made branch, a few clam/mussel type things, and probably some other beneficial stuff.

I use Real Reef branch which to me looks pretty close to Tonga. The Carib Sea branch looks awful.
Was this from live aquaria? I've been wondering if their maricultured "mushroom rocks/zoa rocks" come with hitchhikers; seems like a possible way to get some non-caribbean stuff.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with this company.
At this point and long before why not call your cc company and be done with it?

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this from live aquaria? I've been wondering if their maricultured "mushroom rocks/zoa rocks" come with hitchhikers; seems like a possible way to get some non-caribbean stuff.

This was from LFS. But LA regularly has zoa's grown on real live rock.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been holding on to about 300#s of fiji and about 70#s of tonga in containers ive had for around 20+ years for when I get a tank large enough that I will need it, this has me wondering if I should sell it for the premium prices you guys are quoting for it now.
you got a few peices to sell ? :) has the rock ever been medicated with anything

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back