Too many fish in biocube?

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have a 32 gallon biocube. Currently i have a royal gramma, 2 clowns and a tail spotted blenny. Do you think adding 3 blue green chromis would be too much? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Currently i have a royal gramma, 2 clowns and a tail spotted blenny. Do you think adding 3 blue green chromis would be too much? Thanks in advance
Tank size? Dimensions being more important

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought i put it my bad. I edited three post. It's a 32 gallon biocube
To me, that’s not actually over stocked and instead that’s at max capacity, usually it’s 5-6 fish at max in a bio une that’s 32g

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to consider adding another type of fish, as chromis are known to attack and kill weaker members of the group as they fight for dominance. A lot of them also seem to be infected with uronema these days, so, if you're going to get them, I'd certainly put them in an observation tank (at the very least) before adding them to your display.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to consider adding another type of fish, as chromis are known to attack and kill weaker members of the group as they fight for dominance. A lot of them also seem to be infected with uronema these days, so, if you're going to get them, I'd certainly put them in an observation tank (at the very least) before adding them to your display.
The guy at my lfs advised against adding more fish so i think I'll stick with what i have. He hasn't steered me wrong yet

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy at my lfs advised against adding more fish so i think I'll stick with what i have. He hasn't steered me wrong yet
Wise decision. I have a standard 29 gallon and usually have had three fish. A pair of clowns or a royal gramma or sixline wrasse. If I didn't have the wrasse I would probably go with two smaller fish. I like to give fish room to grow. My gramma was about 3 inches long when he passed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back