OP
Rams

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are a red loving coral fanatic, to me, the BC Cricket Spine may perhaps be the richest, deep red colored coral I have seen. It's definitely a "must have" smoothie, top 5, not 10 ;)

20230114_090504.jpg
Yes this is the best smoothie I seen a long with skinny love and Angelica from battlecorals,ah joker too

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes this is the best smoothie I seen a long with skinny love and Angelica from battlecorals,ah joker too
100% agree on Cricket Spine, Skinny Love, and the original BC Joker.

I have never seen anyone grow out a big colony of Angelica and have been frustrated so many times by it that it no longer makes my list.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is my Sublime Granulosa. I haven't posted a photo publicly in fear of a major demand for frags and I haven't come to terms with cutting many frags of it. It is definitely in top three corals of all time for me. Under the right lighting and nutrients it gets stunning yellow base color with eye popping indigo blue to purple tips and the smoothest branches around, looking almost like an anemone. For me it is one of those mythical corals that I've only seen occasionally in photos from Europe or in books. Can't entirely believe I have a colony of it :)

IMG_9265.jpeg

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Sublime Granulosa. I haven't posted a photo publicly in fear of a major demand for frags and I haven't come to terms with cutting many frags of it. It is definitely in top three corals of all time for me. Under the right lighting and nutrients it gets stunning yellow base color with eye popping indigo blue to purple tips and the smoothest branches around, looking almost like an anemone. For me it is one of those mythical corals that I've only seen occasionally in photos from Europe or in books. Can't entirely believe I have a colony of it :)

IMG_9265.jpeg
How do you bring out the white in yours?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do you bring out the white in yours?

This is in my main system, that has been running for 16+ years and has a weird dynamic with undetectable nitrates. Certain corals, particularly smoothies, seem to thrive in it and have faster growth with long smooth branches. This colony is at 500+ PAR. I think they must be getting all of their nitrogen as ammonia.

In my backup system where I dose nitrates into the 10-20ppm range, it has a darker base coloration.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back