OP
OP
B

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for the dirty sand/rock...this was immediately before my weekly water change (as everything was looking pretty happy).

Tank is a Biocube 16 (I think - cl find from years ago) that I've frankensteined with upgrades and is roughly 3 years old now:

* 16 gallon biocube
* AI prime HD light upgrade (with gutted stock hood)
* VorTech MP10wES pump
* Eheim return pump upgrade
* Biocube filter floss and carbon in back chambers

I try to keep this tank simple, as I have a 5 year old and 1.5 year old at home. No dosing/media reactors/skimmer/etc. Just weekly 3-5 gallon water changes and topping off with quality ro water as needed.

Livestock:

* 1 x clownfish (percula)
* 1 x banggai cardinalfish
Various snails and blue legged hermits

The only thing really missing from this photo is a new orange hammer I picked up to fill in the bottom left sand bed.

IMG_20200520_103912_01~2.jpg

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great little tank! the coloration on that nem is crazy

Thank you!

If you can believe it, it was a $10 rescue Nem that was bleached out and about the size of a 50 cent piece when I got it. Since then it's grown to what you see in the photo and has even split once (the clone is immediately below the one in the pic).

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive, the color pop is amazing. What are the bright orange zoas in the front right corner?

Thank you very much!

The bottom most layer was purchased as Gobstoppers, and the ones above that were purchased as Sunny Ds (all started from 2-3 polyp frags).

Unfortunately my Utter Chaos were grown over and choked out before I got around to fragging/relocating them. Haha

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank, I can't wait to see more of it!

Thank you!

Well, it's a pretty small tank. Haha. It's not drilled, nor does it use an overflow. It's just got the basic aio back on it still.

But I certainly can post some front on, side, and stand shots of the tank for everyone, if they'd like to see them. Tomorrow is glass cleaning day, so I should be able to get some decent shots.

On that note, if anyone has a recommendation for a decent photo filtering app or a reef lens for photos via smart phone cameras (because still rocking a Google Pixel 2 XL, haha), I'm all ears! Sometimes it's difficult to capture the 'true eye color' of everything with the phone camera and led light.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back