• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Shelf Aquatics - poor customer service notice for other vendors

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was debating whether to write this up. I decided it is in the best interest of the community at large. Now the actual problem in this case isn't even important but for background, it just revolves around trying to add another coral to my order before it was shipped.

Now if the actual problem isn't the problem, then what is?

Well when I found out my email had not been read (many hours earlier) and the shipment went out without the coral I basically asked what the deal was. The initial response I received was a big defensive we're very busy, super busy time and just didn't have time to get to your email. A weak little throwaway apology, and an offer to ship the coral for free.

The offer was of course generous, but the tone of we're too busy for you was not an acceptable apology. Any vendor out there should know that just throwing free stuff at a problem stops working when the customer isn't money based. Anyways I asked manager to call me, to let them know my frustration with the apology. A manager called me (name retracted), and I told them that I would like a real apology as the initial apology was just defensive we're too busy too help gaslighting.

And get this the manager starts defending the customer service rep!!! In my head I'm thinking is this actually happening. All I want is an apology and you're defending your customer service rep and saying they did their job well?????

And so I'm like mmmkay you just lost a potential years-long customer because you don't want to apologize?? And basically the manager was just sitting there on the phone, and I think really confused because I just didn't take the free shipping and shut up. That is just bizarre customer relations.

Vendors, if someone is just asking for an apology (not free coral, not free money etc..) and you think there wrong...Still apologize as it costs you nothing.

Anyways I no longer shop at TSA. And I just hope in the future they improve their relations because they deal a decent product.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back