OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok based on that I can see you aren't serious about assisting here. You're now free to post all manner of filler with no experience sourced, seen, encountered, only read loosely from sales ads. you won't hear back from me, point made and your claims can go unchallenged and unread by me. at no point will any supporting material for your false claims be provided, I can see that.

fixed. its an issue for me no more.

next? looking for substance team, something backed after making a clear stance on a matter of 2 ppm verification cycling/title of the thread.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok based on that I can see you aren't serious about assisting here. You're now free to post all matter of filler with no experience, you won't hear back from me, point made.

poof, blanked.
Which is it? I’m disqualified for not parroting the web or my experience which is not based on parroting the web? I’m confused.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because this allows one from the start to grasp the potential of their system and preload it with bacteria that don’t just go away because deprived of nutrients for a short period. Don’t know where the concept that bacteria die off. Were that the case then bottles of them wouldn’t be sold.

Plus it does provide the option to add all specimens at once to avoid individual prolong QT or aggression to set in as first inhabitants set up shop. I know for most this isn’t feasible but nice to have the option.

When I add new fish last I worry about is a spike. My filter is ready.
Right on i get it. The good old safe way is proven. I look at the small measured feedings same way. Its a really good way, precisely to know whats happening in my cycle.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize the fishless cycle required such extensive research and discussion. Is this a major barrier many folks are running into?
giphy.gif

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
memes sub pretty well for lack of links on point, having anything to do with cycling, they're a good distraction Zatch

do you have any thought material to add? how about anything you've seen personally that applies here?

team, you can see folks are mainly interested in destroying works vs ever contributing or making their own, but there's enough actual cycling work needed out there that anyone with a sincere willingness to contribute could be doing some live time work and then let us read it. Posting funnies from the sidelines is very web worthy though, its a hobby contributor for sure.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zatch I'm seeing pure milquetoast for the last 200 posts you've made, I tried searching for anything specific on cycling you can provide, I cannot. its all non commitment statements on other people's setups as far as I can see. You own a reef tank, that is apparent.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. we must all do memes I'm guilty of doing them at work because ms chat. I cannot figure out how to post them on here or I would

its pretty fair to see by page three we aren't going to get any real stalled cycle posts to analyze, so we can play and add up some view clicks I guess. I already got a new side chat on the matter of cycling anyway, when completed will be added to work logs so there's hidden benefits to memeing it up for the next 5 pages apparently.

Reactions: LRT

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zatch I'm seeing pure milquetoast for the last 200 posts you've made, I tried searching for anything specific on cycling you can provide, I cannot. its all non commitment statements on other people's setups as far as I can see. You own a reef tank, that is apparent.
yeah sure I got something to contribute brandon:

In 20 years of marine fish keeping, I have never seen a tank cycle conundrum that wasn't resolved with just giving the cycle more time. Its about the most basic aspect of this hobby - add some ammonia source to a tank, let nature takes its course, and in some matter of weeks your tank will cycle. All the nonsense posts from newbs wondering what's wrong with my cycle can generally be solved with patience and more time. Why you want to complicate it into rocket science is beyond me.

Your the only person on this forum so dedicated to the idea of cycling, going off on these tangents where you try to speak for 'all of us', when I'm sure very few of us would put ourselves in your camp. Pretty sure nobody else considers 'cycling science' the great debate of our time like you do, nor do we think 'big bacteria' is behind it with some big conspiracy to con us out of our $10 for a bottle of microbacter7

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. we must all do memes I'm guilty of doing them at work because ms chat. I cannot figure out how to post them on here or I would

its pretty fair to see by page three we aren't going to get any real stalled cycle posts to analyze, so we can play and add up some view clicks I guess. I already got a new side chat on the matter of cycling anyway, when completed will be added to work logs so there's hidden benefits to memeing it up for the next 5 pages apparently.
We are definetely not going to see stalled cycles especially if we are looking at cycles with the best tools at our disposal. Dan's going to have some real nerdy stuff for us to nerd out on soon:) There's plenty of us here that see the significance in studying cycles more and more in depth.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.22.01 PM.png

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason my gif button doesn't work on mobile. All I do is search gifs and download the image and upload like a photo works everytime.
I had this in mind for the cycle nerd club just replace turtle with nerdle :D
dana-carvey-turtle-face.gif

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zatch it looks like with a little motivation you're able to type coherently. I literally read all the posts you originated and didn't see one single cycling observation, so thanks for starting here, now.

as much as you might like to try discounting works, the reason for this post is addressing confusing and time-wasting cycle practices, massive disease loss trends, inability to know when to trust a test or not, how to find a reliable start date for actions, its not just wasting time. I can see you were about to get to addressing that part though.

the middle portion of what you wrote: appreciated. matches what I see daily.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve I was going to do a double and pretend I was baiting you guys to not know how to post a meme but LRT and MnFIsh would've seen through that and called me on it heh

they know I really couldn't

/ I see the mechanism now though, clearly

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zatch it looks like with a little motivation you're able to type coherently. I literally read all the posts you originated and didn't see one single cycling observation, so thanks for starting here, now.

as much as you might like to try discounting works, the reason for this post is addressing confusing and time-wasting cycle practices, massive disease loss trends, inability to know when to trust a test or not, how to find a reliable start date for actions, its not just wasting time. I can see you were about to get to addressing that part though.

Now that you've contributed after masking with no thought reflex humor, some of that was on-point. the middle portion: appreciated.

Idk what issues exactly your supposedly solving with these constant long & incoherent posts to anything having to do with the word 'cycle', but hey I guess to each their own... Its your post, if my gif upended this serious scientific debate, I apologize. Hope you get that Nobel prize for cycling soon...

Think ill hit that ignore button to avoid your posts in the future and take my leave from this rabbit hole

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helpful:

if a reader here might like to scan the web and post some cycle questions that involve these matters and show how we aren't given very many varied options beyond a purchase and lengthy wait. and a redo, if API says to

from other sites different than ours

I'm heading over to nano-reef.com to see what's up there in a couple places, checking for trending brb. Will link and see what the team thinks regarding their question.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are overblowing the 2ppm. Its just a solid number to give so that people don't dose something like 10ppm, and its easy to track compared to smaller numbers given how difficult it is to read some test kits (and possible error).

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read our new tanks forum, any post from Azedenkae, let me know if you think its being offered as not required.

Search Aze's complete post history. how many times was it mentioned that a cycle isn't ready until it moves that amount? I'm only mentioning him by name because he and I differ on the matter, sometimes passionately, and for any one poster here claiming its a no big deal you have literally 26 peers out there saying the cycle is not reliable until that's completed. and then repeated. check history to see if that's an incorrect assertion.

found a decent one from nano-reef.com

team there looks pretty on track. Is it truly possible to mess up a fritz cycle? are there any examples of one being messed up? M Tournesol there seems on track in my opinion.

ok this question for our team: what is his exact start date where adding fish will not die, and on seneye the nh3 stays in total control along with daily feeding, adding extra fish etc.

instead of the classic wait for api yellow (which may never arrive, for many) what's his specific start date?

Did he start with a little ammonia, or a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back