Torch coral shipment came in back

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to talk to someone who is knowledgeable about torch corals and shipping them. I bought an expensive one and they came in half dead. If you can help please message me. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
yauie6347

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4B33A831-94F2-43B1-BDA3-B2BF9E13C4A8.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EDCBA8A-B062-4F07-8255-8728926C17A2.jpeg
    1EDCBA8A-B062-4F07-8255-8728926C17A2.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 62

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd contact them with the pictures and if it was unfortunately received like this, I'm sure they will help make it right.

OP
OP
yauie6347

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd contact them with the pictures and if it was unfortunately received like this, I'm sure they will help make it right.
Issuing was I wasn't home to get the package and my mom did. She took the coral out and placed it into the tank with the cup still. This was in case temps got too hot during the day. The second thing was the doa policy was 2 hours after delivery which wasn't stated in our conversation. So seller isn't going to cover the loss.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why don’t buy from random ppl on r2r, but from a vendor since they have 5-7 days guarantees, not pathetic 2 hours. Especially if your a noobie.

OP
OP
yauie6347

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah man ya thats a tough spot to be in.

I'm so sorry.

I haven't had this happen so I'm kind of out of suggestions.

Perhaps ask for a replacement at a really reduced cost?

Once again I'm so sorry :(
I appreciate it. Seller said I didn’t contact his after 2 hour of delivery so he can’t do anything for me.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate it. Seller said I didn’t contact his after 2 hour of delivery so he can’t do anything for me.
That’s unfortunate. The pictures above clearly show shipping damage IMO.

NickSc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That torch should survive. I don't see tissue loss. Mine are losing their tissue as we speak. It appears a coral may have spawned and set them in a downward spiral. Good luck with that torch.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expensive lesson man I’m sorry. I’m in the same sitch as you most of the time, I’m in high school and my mom temp acclimates for me. 2 hour DOAs really really suck and I honestly don’t understand why they even exist.

Always always always ask for the DOA policy plain and simple. Usually the seller will work with you in special situations or have your mom take pictures immediately and text them to you. I recently had a coral with a 2 hour DOA come in dead (bag leaked during shipping and there was no water left) and my mom sent me pictures and I was able to get it covered with the seller :).

I do think that it’s kinda crappy of the seller to not help you out at all. I understand not fully covering it but I think you should at least get a discount on a replacement. Good luck :(

OP
OP
yauie6347

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That torch should survive. I don't see tissue loss. Mine are losing their tissue as we speak. It appears a coral may have spawned and set them in a downward spiral. Good luck with that torch.
Thanks but the polyps were literally melting off the coral.
image1 (1).jpeg

OP
OP
yauie6347

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expensive lesson man I’m sorry. I’m in the same sitch as you most of the time, I’m in high school and my mom temp acclimates for me. 2 hour DOAs really really suck and I honestly don’t understand why they even exist.

Always always always ask for the DOA policy plain and simple. Usually the seller will work with you in special situations or have your mom take pictures immediately and text them to you. I recently had a coral with a 2 hour DOA come in dead (bag leaked during shipping and there was no water left) and my mom sent me pictures and I was able to get it covered with the seller :).

I do think that it’s kinda crappy of the seller to not help you out at all. I understand not fully covering it but I think you should at least get a discount on a replacement. Good luck :(
Doa policy wasn't stated until I contacted the seller about the coral.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I don’t have anything sent unless I can be home all day waiting for it to arrive. Just in case it comes in bad my wife wouldn’t know the difference

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back