Torch coral Unhappy and a bit of skeleton showing

Sebsauce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have this gold torch that I got on May 6 of this year. It was doing fine in the tank but then I moved it to a bigger tank on June 23 and have not moved it from that spot since. It was doing quite well in the other tank but it has been at least about 3 weeks that that torch has not been happy. I have two other torches that seem to be much better.

It is a 28 G tank with one clownfish using a Kessil A160.

I have been trying to raise my nutrients a little because I have 0 P04 and 0 nirates.
Alk is about 9 today but was at around 10 a week ago. Calc 400 mag 1200 ph8.2

I'll list something that could maybe cause it to stress out but I am not sure if they are a factor:
10 days I increased the lights by 5% for a day but then decreased it
added carbon because I was using flatworm RX 3 days ago ( torch has been bad way before the treatment)

Any questions let me know and thank you for the help.

IMG_7975.jpg IMG_7974.jpg IMG_7973 (1).jpg IMG_7970.JPG

alxrosco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it to spot with higher flow. I was losing a head of one of my torches, and a very small left recover to become a new head. If it losses more tissue, I would dip it in coral Rx, but to start I would place it in an area with good flow. Mine seem to like the variable speed of my MP40 Vortech (lagoon mode).

OP
OP
Sebsauce

Sebsauce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it to spot with higher flow. I was losing a head of one of my torches, and a very small left recover to become a new head. If it losses more tissue, I would dip it in coral Rx, but to start I would place it in an area with good flow. Mine seem to like the variable speed of my MP40 Vortech (lagoon mode).
Whenever I try to add my flow to it, it seems ticked off

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back