OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks somewhat familiar what I had encountered in the past. Sometimes that happens when I put my unwashed hands in the water to clean my tank. Maybe theres somekind of lotion or chemicals that are on your skin?
It only happens for a day though.
How long has this been going on and is it all the time?
It’s been like this for a month or so

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rick's Reviews, what did you find funny about my request?
@Rick's Reviews, what did you find funny about my request?
As every post I read and research.. new or old starts with a poor picture and very minimal information...! The following responses consist of multiple request for 'better pictures, under whites, parameters, tank size, inhabitants?) I just found it more funnier this evening, I can go into detail like OP did not mention some kind of poisoning in the aquarium in April which I remember,

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your are unsure about something then better to ask questions and learn, you got a ha ha face lol.
Im just following to learn :) @Erin1971Texas

Last edited:

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since march
Since you've acquired the torch in March, was there a point in time when the torch was closed up completely for a extended period of time? Like was it super shriveled and worse condition than now?

I need to determine if your coral is actually recovering or worsening.

For those wondering, torches can look like this if stay a bit too long in unpreferred water quality conditions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you've acquired the torch in March, was there a point in time when the torch was closed up completely for a extended period of time? Like was it super shriveled and worse condition than now?

I need to determine if your coral is actually recovering or worsening.

For those wondering, torches can look like this if stay a bit too long in unpreferred water quality conditions.

Thanks!
It’s been like this it hasn’t shriveled up

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
58DFB2E8-8A00-4446-82AE-9D9D36055CB1.jpeg

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what it looks like to me I’d imagine it started with burnt tips and then burnt the tentacles. Likely a lighting issue and seeing the mild bleaching look in the recent pic I’d think lighting was initially the cause and has just progressed to a torch polyp beyond recognition.

I’ve burnt half the tentacles on a torch before and it’s made a full recovery low light area. I would probably dip in Brightwell Recovr mixed with tank water every 2-3 days for 5-10 minutes at a time.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what it looks like to me I’d imagine it started with burnt tips and then burnt the tentacles. Likely a lighting issue and seeing the mild bleaching look in the recent pic I’d think lighting was initially the cause and has just progressed to a torch polyp beyond recognition.

I’ve burnt half the tentacles on a torch before and it’s made a full recovery low light area. I would probably dip in Brightwell Recovr mixed with tank water every 2-3 days for 5-10 minutes at a time.
Also Brightwell Restor…

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADAM knows his stuff. I'd follow his recommendations and I can't wait to hear back in a few months about a recovery!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should I try both or just stick with one ?
As bad as it looks I may would try both. It will take some time but should be saveable from the looks of the pictures.

It’s been probably 6 months since I burnt half the tentacles off mine leaving it in a coral dip too long and it’s just now getting back to where it was before the accident.

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As bad as it looks I may would try both. It will take some time but should be saveable from the looks of the pictures.

It’s been probably 6 months since I burnt half the tentacles off mine leaving it in a coral dip too long and it’s just now getting back to where it was before the accident.
okay thank you .. I will keep updates

Back