Torch Dying ! Please , any advice ?

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, so i have a rasta torch which i believe is dying. A few weeks ago it was nice and healthy until i knock it into a powerhead and cut off a few tips accidentally. It was fine for a couple weeks after but then it stopped extending and started showing filaments/guts i believe.

Now it has receded about 90%. I also have another torch that is not fully extending now and looks to be receding as well but did not show the same filaments as the first. My indo gold is fine, extending everyday. My tanks is about 5-6 months old, and i do a 5 gallon weekly water change, sometimes a week and a half in between. I am not dosing anything and everything else seems happy. Hammers, acans, RFA, frogs/octos , alveopora etc.

Recently i did up my temps from 79-80 to 81-82 to fight some ick in about a 2 week span. Also i have not added any coral for about 3 weeks. I have been seeing some hydroid jellyfish but according to my research that's not a concern

Any clues as to what can be happening ? I am out of reagents at the time and cant test but like i said i do my weekly water changes, lightly feed and dont dose anything and have an ATO for salinity stability.

I have moved both corals to the sandbed at lower light and flow as of this point.

No sigh off brown jelly.

Any insight would be appreciated !

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211104_144303.jpg
20211104_144324.jpg

OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without hard numbers, were all just guessing.

My guess, low nutrients, and the corals look to be starving.
I understand, unfortunately i need to get my reagents asap but i just figured i would give as much info as possible for now and use the other corals as indicators in the meanwhile .

I feed reef roids occasionally as well as mysis shrimp , shrimp once or twice a week and reef roids one or twice a month.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters?

OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters?
wish i could provide those, bought second hand hannas and reagents all expired , been steady with 5 gallon water changes weekly, replacing filter floss with water change ( 20 gal tank ) and using other corals as indicators, lots of frogs, hammers, octos , alveopora etc, but as stated above my indo gold is fine, lost the pink tip and rasta today for sure

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back