Torn fin ??? Ich?

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was browsing my tank and my clowns I recently had gotten from my LFS as a pair that where tank bros and just now noticed a white irritated area maybe from being nit picked in my tank by the other clown ? I have seen one go after the other to show it’s dominance but nothing crazy. only have them two in my tank and some turbo snails shrimp and emerald crabs (2) doesn’t look like ich does look like a tear of some sort but what to see what you guys think. Thanks !

F8B54C98-CCBB-4371-BE66-7D60E9D5D84E.png 1C18F8FB-86AA-4234-A03A-D32542E6A355.png E7991FA8-26F6-4DAC-99F4-078B4AA3DA75.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's too large to be ich, but if the fish weren't quarantined, they could easily develop that issue. Were the clowns in the same tank at the store? Even a "little" fighting can be serious, a little issue a few seconds each day can add up to lasting damage over time, so you'll need to keep a close eye on them. Remember, while you are watching them, they stop fighting and watch you, so observe them from a distance.

Jay

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's too large to be ich, but if the fish weren't quarantined, they could easily develop that issue. Were the clowns in the same tank at the store? Even a "little" fighting can be serious, a little issue a few seconds each day can add up to lasting damage over time, so you'll need to keep a close eye on them. Remember, while you are watching them, they stop fighting and watch you, so observe them from a distance.

Jay
They where QTd and they where tank buddies at my LFS looking at him this morning looks like a torn fin issue. But it isn’t bad. I’ll watch them over the next couple days and if any more happens I’ll make a separation for a little while

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back