Total Loss of Core7 shipment - this was the last straw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
rockskimmerflow

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing separating the cartons? Thats on the shipper not UPS. Who does that?
I dont think thats how the shipper sent them, as I said in my first post the box these 14 cartons arrived in had the original shipping label taped onto it. UPS obviously noticed the original box leaking, cut the label off, and slammed the 14 remaining intact cartons into a new box which I received. Of course, I agree that packing job would be terrible if it left the retailer that way. I suspect the reason 8 of the 14 cartons I ended up getting were blown out was due to that hasty repack with no bracing. More probably would have survived had UPS not done that halfway job of repacking.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow never heard of that. No inspection stickers I saw on mine, just looked like UPS pulled 6 busted cartons out and haphazardly reboxed it and cut the label off the old box. 8 more cartons broke after their rebox buts thats likely cause 14 heavy cartons in a box with no packing material or stuff to brace them were probably smashing around in there something fierce. Im actually surprised 6 cartons made it unscathed, just wish one was a 3a component to make at least one complete set for me to use.
I could tell you horror stories at UPS. First hand events. I think all them have issues. I service HVACR had a client 1990 was post master of Westminster, Ca. He wanted hire me, so much thief there, he said. Hard to find honest, people, his words.

OP
OP
rockskimmerflow

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could tell you horror stories at UPS. First hand events. I think all them have issues. I service HVACR had a client 1990 was post master of Westminster, Ca. He wanted hire me, so much thief there, he said. Hard to find honest, people, his words.
I have no doubts, always suspected the amount of care put into the average delivery was absolutely as little as possible. Basically the attitude of if the packaging can survive serious abuse, then you'll to get your item intact.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubts, always suspected the amount of care put into the average delivery was absolutely as little as possible. Basically the attitude of if the packaging can survive serious abuse, then you'll to get your item intact.

Ever notice how dirty your packages are? A lot of the damage comes from their automated sorting systems - fast, efficient... and brutal. Always felt sorry for fish that had to go through that!

My favorite? I watched a talented FedEx delivery driver underhand a box about 20'. Beautiful arch, rolled twice and perfectly snugged up to the garage door.

That being said; UPS, FedEx, DHL... they are all equally rough on packages. Common sense would dictate you design to that standard.

Do remember the plastic Core 7 bottles didn't need any additional packing - Unique Corals would slap a label on it and ship it... unscathed in Triton's 4-pack box.

Where is the enviromental savings? Who is eating the additional packaging and labor costs? Great for Triton - lousy for the end consumer and the environment.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar situation where I ordered a 200 gallon box of Instant Ocean. The shipment arrived late and was in a plain brown box, which clearly had the shipping label that was ripped from the original IO box. You could clearly see the white and purple cardboard on the back of the label. It's pretty obvious what happened, UPS basically mutilated the package and just tossed the salt bags in a new box. If I knew anybody actually cared at the carrier I would have called and complained, but my time is way too valuable to waste on such a fruitless endeavor. The point is, it wasn't Spectrum Brands' fault that the box was mutilated in shipping. It wasn't even BRS's fault, the vendor from whom I had ordered. It was 100% UPS's fault.

I wouldn't quit Triton just because of this. This is definitely frustrating, and I completely understand being tired of retailers always being out of stock with Triton's products. I would give it a bit more time though. Triton is a good system, and it sounds like getting your hands on the additives is the hardest part of the system. See if the stock levels and your satisfaction with the system improve with the dry powder.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back