Tough to quarantine fish

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so sure about 100% I’ve done the ttm and had ich come back probably did something wrong like sneeze or had the ceiling fan on too high or miss 1 little speck of ich ‍♂️ I might try it again in the future when I’m retired and have more time to make sure it’s perfect ..
If you do enough cycles it shouldn't be possible for it to survive. How many that is I am not sure. Been a while since I got a new fish.

OP
OP
Bama41Georgia24

Bama41Georgia24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best method for ich IMO is the tank transfer method. No need for copper and no extra stress. All you do is move the fish every few days to a new tank and dry out the old one. Then repeat into the old one. All the stages of the parasite that aren't on the fish already die off and are unable to continue the cycle. It's cheap and doesn't subject your fish to copper. Unlike chemical treatments, it's not hard to do and this means you basically have a 100% chance of success if done right.
After speaking with Humblefish I’ve decided to go this route actually thank you!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for everyone’s thoughts on tough to quarantine fish, ones that don’t do so well with copper along with ones not good in quarantine period. I’ve seen some recent posts that a blue throat trigger are sensitive and people have lost them in qt also a naso tang is sensitive to qt and may need to only use copper if necessary? Thoughts and what other fish should I be wary to qt in copper.

I am not sure where the info of some fish being sensitive to copper comes from. I have seen most fish in this hobby in 2-2.5 ppm copper hour without issue, including dragonets.

I personally am not a fan of tank transfer as it does nothing for velvet and is likely more stressful as every transfer is (ie every time you catch a fish) they become stressed (it probably take a while if possible to have them not react like its a predation event)

Back