Toy for Kids 2019 Christmas Drive! Let's make it happen!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This morning we moved past $5,000!!! Thank you to everyone has given so far and an encouragement to everyone to keep giving! :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When is the last day to donate? Trying to budget for a bigger donation...

@Crabs McJones @Daniel@R2R - do you remember the date? I thought that on the Neptune livestream that Rev mentioned a date but I don't see it in the thread. Was it 12/12? I know they will need time to buy and distribute the presents.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Crabs McJones @Daniel@R2R - do you remember the date? I thought that on the Neptune livestream that Rev mentioned a date but I don't see it in the thread. Was it 12/12? I know they will need time to buy and distribute the presents.
I believe that's correct.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is a awesome thing to donate to but I have a few questions
can I donate using commbank?
it is in USD right?
for the prizes am I able to win any being in Australia? (I'm assuming I pay shipping)
do we still get the toys for kids badge?

Let’s see if we can get some help with your questions...

@revhtree @Daniel@R2R @Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a awesome thing to donate to but I have a few questions
can I donate using commbank?
it is in USD right?
for the prizes am I able to win any being in Australia? (I'm assuming I pay shipping)
do we still get the toys for kids badge?
It is in US Dollars. Through the GoFundMe is the only way I'm aware of (rev or Daniel can confirm) and the prizes they'll have make that call as well.
@revhtree

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We look forward to this opportunity every year. The chance to make these children's season really warms our families hearts, and even our little ones get in on the giving some years.

I know it's been a few years, but are there any for sale forum posts or auctions associated with the event this year?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We look forward to this opportunity every year. The chance to make these children's season really warms our families hearts, and even our little ones get in on the giving some years.

I know it's been a few years, but are there any for sale forum posts or auctions associated with the event this year?
No sales forum posts, but there are prize drawings for those that contribute at the end of the drive. Depended on how much you donate, you get tickets to enter into drawings for prizes.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No sales forum posts, but there are prize drawings for those that contribute at the end of the drive. Depended on how much you donate, you get tickets to enter into drawings for prizes.
I haven't seen it for a couple years, but a certain group of individuals and a few vendors would offer up ( usually) coral packs ( sometimes auctions) with the proceeds going to the Toys for Kids donations.
Sometimes it the amounts would be substantial.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These were always done by private individuals. So far none have happened this year, but they could still happen! Anyone who wants to do that just needs to let us know. :)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
These were always done by private individuals. So far none have happened this year, but they could still happen! Anyone who wants to do that just needs to let us know. :)
Was hoping a vendor or 2 would step up and offer something.
I don't know any vendors on a personal level that would have any influence with them.
Maybe someone who sees this could reach out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back