Toys for Kids 2012 sponsored by the members of Reef2Reef! Please Help the Kids!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes thank you Harry! 100% plus some goes to the KIDS!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Rev does this each year I'm always glad to help make some kids' Christmas very happy. We see so many "charities" that solicit monies and most of them are consumed with administrative costs or are outright frauds. I can tell you with absolute certainty that anything you contribute will go directly to purchasing items for underprivileged children.

Think about these things. Do you remember when you were a small child? Do you remember how "magic" Christmas was? Did you get everything you wanted? What if you had not gotten anything at all?

Now, think about what you have. Did you have enough resources to provide gifts for your family and friends? Do you have anything else you can give for kids that won't get very much (or anything at all)?

Come on folks, this is the last opportunity to "pile on" and push this effort to the top! When you do you can rejoice with the feeling that you have had a part in making a child's Christmas a merry one! You'll go to bed tonight a happier person because of it!

Well said Harry!

Steviereefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow members lets make this year more special for some wonderful kids!!!!!!! Their warm faces will light up with jolly joy in front of the Christmas tree. Their faith in santa will quickly be renewed seeing he remembered. Even when times are tough, that renewed faith will be past on in the future when they see someone in need. Good deeds are contagious. Lets keep donating and make these childrens holiday wishes come alive.

charlie-brown.jpg

Attachments

• charlie brown tree2.jpg
    charlie brown tree2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a good 36hrs until we shop! We need some donations! :D

Total Raised for 2012: $2211

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP we're almost out of time!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've stalled! We're still a way behind but we can do it! We meet to shop at 11am est. tomorrow so we have till then!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP! We'll be shopping in 2 hours!!

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really would love to see some more donations. I think everyone could donate something. $10 even from half of us would have sent this over the top. Considering what we pay for corals and everything else in this hobby $10 to help a kid on Christmas isnt that much to ask. Please, anyone who has not donated, give something to the kids that are less fortunate then you are.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you everyone for helping out this cause!

We started today at 11:30am and I got home at 8:30pm! Needless to say we got a ton of toys and we're excited about how the kids are going to love their toys. I will have some pics in the next few days. We actually give the toys out this Sunday.

I will also have a final total tally which is somewhere around $2550! Thanks for making this happen. :D

If there are any last minute donations of course we'll take the money and buy a few more gifts! ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back