Trace elements in carbo calcium and bio magnesium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Samico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hans-Werner Please is there any trace elements in carbo calcium and bio magnesium from Tropic Marin? I am dosing both and also K elements. Do i need to dose A elements too or it is already in those two first products mentioned?

Thank you

Rodrigo Samico

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Carbo-Calcium there are no added trace elements, only All-For-Reef contains added trace elements.

Bio-Calcium and Bio-Magnesium only contain trace elements to balance the salt addition, which means, no net trace element addition. After balancing the salt addition with RODI water it is +/- 0.

Please dose the A- Elements too! :)

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Carbo-Calcium there are no added trace elements, only All-For-Reef contains added trace elements.

Bio-Calcium and Bio-Magnesium only contain trace elements to balance the salt addition, which means, no net trace element addition. After balancing the salt addition with RODI water it is +/- 0.

Please dose the A- Elements too! :)
Related question.
I am using Kalkwasser for my calcium and alkalinity, and using bio magnesium for my magnesium. Since kalk contains no trace elements and bio magnesium some, should I dose both trace A and K or just one?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Related question.
I am using Kalkwasser for my calcium and alkalinity, and using bio magnesium for my magnesium. Since kalk contains no trace elements and bio magnesium some, should I dose both trace A and K or just one?
You will need both the Trace A and the Trace K. The Bio-Magnesium only has the amount of trace elements to account for the amount of MG being added and consumed. It does not supplement for trace elements being consumed in other processes.

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need both the Trace A and the Trace K. The Bio-Magnesium only has the amount of trace elements to account for the amount of MG being added and consumed. It does not supplement for trace elements being consumed in other processes.
Thanks, should the A and K be on separate dosing pumps/on a single dosing pump or can it be mixed into the kalk solution? I saw that A and K was mixed together in the DIY all for reef recipe

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, should the A and K be on separate dosing pumps/on a single dosing pump or can it be mixed into the kalk solution? I saw that A and K was mixed together in the DIY all for reef recipe
They should be on seoarate dosing pumps. They cannot be combined in RO/DI water or directly with each other. I'm not sure if they can both go in a saturated kalkwasser solution. Maybe @Hans-Werner can asnwe that quesiton for you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back