Trace elements in your reef tank. Are you doing it right? Top 20 Trace Element mistakes to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main question is when exactly do you start dosing trace elements? After a year or so once your coral has established very well?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the KZ Coral System 1 thru 4 for dosing trace elements.

It's a fantastic choice to pair with your two part dosing. It's one of the few KZ products that lists out what is in each bottle, which is super helpful in this case. I also like that KZ gives a little insight into what each component actually does. Ryan and Randy talk about this more in the 7:30 minute mark of the video :)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main question is when exactly do you start dosing trace elements? After a year or so once your coral has established very well?

Typically in that 12-18 month time frame. Of course, the amount of coral and when you've added coral to the tank will impact that timeframe. If you're curious about how your tank is doing on trace elements now, you can always send in an ICP test just to get a pulse on where you stand. That said, I'd still suggest following Ryan's advice on not chasing every last element. Perfect natural sea water isn't necessarily the goal here; we're more looking for anything that is grossly off.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back