Transferring a fish from another tank to eat up Munnid Isopods?

Shu_Ting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! We are newbie and been in this hobby for a couple of months. We started with a really small tank (Tank #1) with a coral and live rock from the pet shop. Then now we have a bigger tank (Tank #2) which we added all the fishes but no coral in it. The bigger tank was set up 2 weeks ago.

Since there are no fishes in Tank #1, it’s full of Munnid Isopods now. We have a picky bangaii cardinal fish in Tank #2 which will eat these. Every evening it eats thawed seafood I prepared. Now it’s size is smaller than the other cardinal fish which eats pellets and thawed seafood.

Is it ok to transfer this picky cardinal to Tank #1 for a few days so it gets fatten up a bit. When it has eaten most of the isopods then only we transfer it back to Tank #2? Will the fish get stressed out?

Thank you.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcimetoR2R first off!!
You hypothetically could move the fish from one tank to another, but it might be better to either
A. Leave him in his original tank. Or..
B. Move him into the other tank and leave him there.
Less stress that way

OP
OP
Shu_Ting

Shu_Ting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcimetoR2R first off!!
You hypothetically could move the fish from one tank to another, but it might be better to either
A. Leave him in his original tank. Or..
B. Move him into the other tank and leave him there.
Less stress that way
Helloo ndrwater,

thank you for your advice. I think we will leave the fish in it’s current tank. The last thing I want is to stress it out.

today I managed to pick a few isopods from the small tank with a pair of long tweezer and fed to the 4 fishes. Special treats... My husband was amused though. He didn’t want to mix the waters from both tanks together. Oh well...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back