Transferring fish quandary. Help please =]

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Situation. I have a pair of lemonpeel angels in one tank that I want to swap with my two clowns and banggai from a different tank. Clowns and banggai going to reef tank and lemonpeels going to the FOWLR tank for obvious reasons.

The lemonpeels are in a newer tank where all the fish went through strict QT at marine collectors. Dry rock. No inverts. Everyone looks and acts extremely healthy. Pretty much as close as you can be to 100% sure the tank is disease free.

my clowns and banggai ive had for 1.5yrs but the clowns didn’t go through a strict QT the (banggai did but doesn’t matter now since they’re together) That being said the clowns have done great since day one and so has the banggai.

At what point do you know okay these fish don’t have internal parasites, ich etc. They would have shown it by now. Or is there something they can be carrying that has never reared its ugly head and have just been able to live with?

would you suggest a freshwater black mollie test? Put the banggai and clowns through QT before transferring to reef tank, fallow the FOWLR tank and then transfer the lemonpeels to FOWLR? Or would all that be unnecessary work?

TIA!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back