Transparent Sea Slug?

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New live rock booming with all sorts of life, baby brittle stars, baby feather worms, small bristle worms even tiny clicking sound might be baby mantis.

But this weird looking sea slug climbs on my panels, what is he? Good or bad guy?

I got a video of him for you all to ascertain a correct ID.

Thanks,

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Get this thing out asap, its not a slug but rather a Flatworm. Its a Polyclad to be exact. This Euphyllia menacing Polyclad Flatworm lays its eggs along the body of the skeletal structure up to where the polyps extend out of the skeleton. The eggs can also be difficult to spot. More importantly, dipping will do absolutely nothing to Polyclad Flatworm eggs. If you see any eggs, use a soft narrow bristle toothbrush and scrub the eggs off. After dipping the coral for five minutes place it in quarantine for 48-72 hours to assure no eggs have hatched.
A 6-lined, melanurus as well as a Yellow Coris Wrasse will eat them but problem is, they like to bury themselves in the sand at night . . . WHEN THESE FLATWORMS ARE MOST ACTIVE.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get this thing out asap, its not a slug but rather a Flatworm. Its a Polyclad to be exact. This Euphyllia menacing Polyclad Flatworm lays its eggs along the body of the skeletal structure up to where the polyps extend out of the skeleton. The eggs can also be difficult to spot. More importantly, dipping will do absolutely nothing to Polyclad Flatworm eggs. If you see any eggs, use a soft narrow bristle toothbrush and scrub the eggs off. After dipping the coral for five minutes place it in quarantine for 48-72 hours to assure no eggs have hatched.
A 6-lined, melanurus as well as a Yellow Coris Wrasse will eat them but problem is, they like to bury themselves in the sand at night . . . WHEN THESE FLATWORMS ARE MOST ACTIVE.
I am waiting to get wrasse from live aquaria trying to buy 6 or 4 line wrasse.

I have no corals in this tank yet it is going to be euphillia system.

Any other wrasse? My LFS has a beautiful small mysteri wrasse that I want, but my tank is only 30 gallons with 30 lbs of live rock.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am waiting to get wrasse from live aquaria trying to buy 6 or 4 line wrasse.

I have no corals in this tank yet it is going to be euphillia system.

Any other wrasse? My LFS has a beautiful small mysteri wrasse that I want, but my tank is only 30 gallons with 30 lbs of live rock.
Only other is melanurus wrasse. It must have come in on live rock

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a 30 gallon reef and the mysteri wrasee was very small a little bigger than a quarter and some length wise.

But many said my tank is too small.

So I will take any suggestions because I want a wrasse so many hitch hikers in my rock.

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only other is melanurus wrasse. It must have come in on live rock
I only have a 30 gallon reef and the mysteri wrasee was very small a little bigger than a quarter and some length wise.

So I will take any suggestions because I want a wrasse so many hitch hikers in my rock.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

best bet will be 6 line or yellow coris (like having a yellow tang with that bright yellow)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back