Treating fallow tank

Aoibheannder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm very new to having a marine tank and have been trying to learn as much as I can. I had an outbreak of white spot 2 weeks ago and lost all my fosh except a wrasse. I have a qt tank set up for him but of course I can't catch him to move him. I do think he has survived having ich as there were one or two dots on his tail at the beginning but I think he's eaten it. Anyway my question is if he has beaten it is the parasite still alive on him? I want to leave the tank fallow for the 70 days but its been a week of trying to catch him as he goes under the sand. I've finally taken the rocks out tonight to try and get him tomorrow. Does white spot live in the rocks. Do they have to be treated too? If he is doing well do I have to start the fallow time from when I can eventually get him out? The tank looks so sad at the moment and I want to get it nice and healthy again but I don't want to stress him out more if its not necessary.

Reefin Aint Easy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way to put this without getting into the technical details is, unfortunately you have to catch him and get him into a medicated QT tank to kill the ich and the display tank has to be left fallow for 76 days.

Going forward make sure you QT everything that goes into the display. You will save yourself a ton of headache, heartache and money.

OP
OP
Aoibheannder

Aoibheannder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way to put this without getting into the technical details is, unfortunately you have to catch him and get him into a medicated QT tank to kill the ich and the display tank has to be left fallow for 76 days.

Going forward make sure you QT everything that goes into the display. You will save yourself a ton of headache, heartache and money.
I finally caught him. Hes in the QT now. I had treated him for 4 days already while waiting for the QT to be set up. I'll give him a few days and see how he is going. He's in the sand so I'm guessing I won't see him for a few days while he settles in.
I wish I knew about QT when I first started. Expensive and timely lesson learned.

Back