treating fish in QT

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to start setting up my qt tank so it will be ready , i've been taking chances adding fish from the lfs directly into my dt without qt they do have good stock but i dont wanna deal with any problems. i plan to prophylactically treat them in the qt for 4-6 weeks and im making an amazon order. i have prazipro and cupramine in my basket is there any other med i need or you would recommend to treat before the qt is done?

gotta admit ive been reefing for 15 years and ive never ran a qt and ive been very lucky to never have dealt what the heck ich or anything like that in my systems

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try copper power instead of Cupramine, much less harsh on fish.
Prazi is a must, I would also order kanaplex, metroplex, furan-2 and focus. That should give you a good start. This thread has much more detail on meds.
A hanna copper checker is recommended for using copper in QT so you can accurately monitor the levels.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try copper power instead of Cupramine, much less harsh on fish.
Prazi is a must, I would also order kanaplex, metroplex, furan-2 and focus. That should give you a good start. This thread has much more detail on meds.
A hanna copper checker is recommended for using copper in QT so you can accurately monitor the levels.
thanks for the advice

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back