Treating new copperband for flukes

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys so I just bought a new copperband a couple days ago. he hasn't eaten much and was twitching and scratching his head. I was when I first got him dip him in safety stop but decided not too. But I think he has flukes and lymphs so I caught him and now am currently dipping him in safty stop. I can already see the opaque looking pod type creature come out which looks like flukes. My question now is should I keep him out of the acclimation box since my yellow tang is still not in the tank to beat him up or should I place him in the acclimation box and get him eating? I think the flukes is what was messing with his appetite.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this in a dt or qt?

Is the tang showing aggression towards the butterfly through the box? If not you could go ahead and release it. That could also be part of why it isn't eating.

You'll want to treat the tang as well though. I'd recommend a couple rounds of prazipro or GC

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need to treat the butterfly with prazipro. This can be done in the display, though it's always preferred to do it in QT.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't. Feather dusters can be in danger and sometimes corals will fade but they should bounce back.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back