Treating Possible internal parasites in firefish and blenny with pistol shrimp in tank

dach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a new tank that’s running for 2 or so months. Everyone seems happy but I noticed some poop getting stuck on my tailspot blenny and helfrichi firefish. I also noticed they would flash against the sand somewhat infrequently. I have gathered some things to treat (metroplex, focus, selcon) but have been hesitant in treatment. I’m worried 1, to treat fish that do not need to be treated, and 2 for my invertebrates. My treatment plan was to soak the food and treat that way but i have both a cleaner and pistol shrimp in my tank and have read invertebrates are sensitive to metroplex treatment.

I do not have a QT tank to isolate and either way i would have some serious difficulty catching the firefish.

I am attaching an image of the firefish and blenny with stuck poop and asking if they need to be treated, and if i do treat, how to keep my inverts safe?

Thanks in advance.

6C54F0E2-CC53-4EF8-85D3-D3E240A55819.jpeg D960238D-681F-41E9-9172-B7A974C5C435.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you feed them and block off the inverts access until most gets consumed

OP
OP
D

dach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you feed them and block off the inverts access until most gets consumed
I can try to target feed them with a turkey baster, my cleaner shrimp is a bit ferocious when it comes to eating though to he might get some treated mysis or pellets through his resilience. You think i should just go ahead and treat tho?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.1%
Back