Treating with Copper Power and PraziPro?

BRS

Myers

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi All,

I will be completing 30 days of treating my main display fowlr tank with Copper Power at 2.5. Wondering if it is safe to start the treatment of PraziPro immediately? I plan to do a large water change, but I know that even after my Copper reading will be at 2.0. If I need to wait, what is the target copper level I should try to achieve before I dose with PraziPro?

I had a nasty case of velvet go through my system and wipe out a large number of fish. Since I had to treat to main tank with Copper, thought I should just go ahead and do a Prazi treatment incase of any flukes.

Thanks!

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi All,

I will be completing 30 days of treating my main display fowlr tank with Copper Power at 2.5. Wondering if it is safe to start the treatment of PraziPro immediately? I plan to do a large water change, but I know that even after my Copper reading will be at 2.0. If I need to wait, what is the target copper level I should try to achieve before I dose with PraziPro?

I had a nasty case of velvet go through my system and wipe out a large number of fish. Since I had to treat to main tank with Copper, thought I should just go ahead and do a Prazi treatment incase of any flukes.

Thanks!
We're in the same boat but I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you. When asked,I believe Jay advised to drop the copper down below half therapeutic dose before starting another medication. Better to be almost all out first.

OP
M

Myers

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks! Did you notice any scraping in the last week(s) of your treatment? I am seeing some of my tangs scraping, but have zero signs of irritations. Didn't know if prolonged exposure to Copper Power could irritate the skin after a long treatment.

BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 160 41.6%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 9.1%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 168 43.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.1%
Pacific East