Treatment for Septicemia?

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Heniochus Butterfly underway in prophylactic quarantine. He is about two weeks into Cupramine and I will soon be transferring to a second sterile QT for Prazi. So far I have not seen any outward signs of parasitic infection. His appetite is great and he is extremely active. However, the fish is showing red streaking throughout the tail fins so I am suspecting Septicemia. I treated with food soaked and water dosed Metro with no success. Then I tried food and water treated Kanaplex. Then I followed up with Furan. No help with any of this.

If I just leave it alone at this point I am afraid the problem will spiral into something he wont recover from. I am looking for any advice on an appropriate next course of action.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture taken under white light?
Jay

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture taken under white light?
Jay
Is this good enough? The water is yellow from the furan. The redness is at the base of the tail. And there is a red rainbow shape where the yellow meets the black.

1612136575557.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it is a reaction to the copper? How long has the fish had the symptoms? A bacterial infection wouldn’t tend to remain static- either the antibiotics would work, or it would progress.
Jay

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it is a reaction to the copper? How long has the fish had the symptoms? A bacterial infection wouldn’t tend to remain static- either the antibiotics would work, or it would progress.
Jay

If it is just a reaction to the copper I guess that would be good. I dont recall exactly when I saw the symptom, but I suppose it was after I started copper because I would have seen it from the beginning. It is pretty obvious.

I am sensing you think I should hold off on any more meds and just transfer to my second Prazi quarantine as planned?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back