Trending - Have you also had Neptune Systems items sold as new but were refurbished or repaired?

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEPTUNE SYSTEMS WARNING REEF KEEPERS!

I bought an EB832 the other day from a very reputable online vendor (I may share this vendor depending on their response). They sent me this along with several other accessories and items and the EB832 was sealed like crazy with their zebra striped security tape. I expected this to be basically a plug and play however when I plugged everything back into it and went into the Apex controller software, I was presented with a message I had new tiles. I didn't think much of this but I presumed I could test the energy bar and all my DOS, Trident and Apex world was working as expected except that the DOS pumps would not work. When I went into the modules, I suddenly saw a whole new EB module and all the inputs were configured with names in red.

what the heck?

I know these units have generic names for outlets like Outlet1_1 and so on by default... this one did not and I think all of us here would expect a used or refurb price if the unit has been sent in for repair. I think the better concern is, if the vendor didn't or doesn't know about this - then the QC is not happening at Neptune Systems, they are basically selling potential problems back to their customers, in turn making a support case for no reason because someone isn't resetting and checking these before boxing them up and selling as new.

Welcome anyone with similar experiences and will share update from vendor once received. I'm sure someone from there will notice this or be alerted to it or on other threads but I expect some answers. I remember when I bought the first unit, the dealer then swore it was new but had scratches on it and what not. I have a feeling Neptune is cutting costs and corners at the same time.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The default names have device types etc, to make setup easy for people.

How about post a screenshot of what you are talking about?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information is needed. Screen shots would be ideal. Is this your first EB832?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just received trident back from a checkup and a new tile was created and took over previous. It was known as Tri6 and is now Tri8

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you saw happens with every module neptune makes. They populate them with names and default coding related to the names to give new users a quick example on how common things are programmed when they get a new module.

Your symptoms are not indicative of a second hand unit.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not so sure of this. This is my third EB unit and in 2020, I felt they had different names when opened out of the box. I mean like default Outlet1_1 and Outlet2_2 not Pump1, FugeLED (I don't have this anyways!), etc. I may go get another later and report. All I want to do is plug and new energy bar in to replace an old one.

I don't care about the setup again nor do I care about new names, tiles. Just need a plug in play replacement, should be an easy task for Neptune?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not so sure of this. This is my third EB unit and in 2020, I felt they had different names when opened out of the box. I mean like default Outlet1_1 and Outlet2_2 not Pump1, FugeLED (I don't have this anyways!), etc. I may go get another later and report. All I want to do is plug and new energy bar in to replace an old one.

I don't care about the setup again nor do I care about new names, tiles. Just need a plug in play replacement, should be an easy task for Neptune?

Don't they have a wizard for that?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you're replacing an existing one...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-080645_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-080645_APEX Fusion.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 26

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back