Trev's Just another Evo 13.5

TrevN64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another Evo 13.5 for your viewing pleasure. Got the Tank for Christmas from Wife/Kiddo's to upgrade my Evo5 & rimless 10g.

My mods:

Filter foam - Gone!
DIY media basket chamber 1 running floss and Chemi pure
2x 12" blue LED strip lights added to hood
RFG nozzle x1

Chamber 1 - Media basket
Chamber 2 - ATO/Heater/Stock Fluval ceramic media
Chamber 3 - Return Pump - ATO outlet

Day 1 FTS
20210120_083857_Burst01.jpg

OP
OP
TrevN64

TrevN64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some questions on my LED strip lights on Fbook - Ill share here too. Amazon 12" led stip lights blue (LEDENET) I just used some Gorilla 5 minute epoxy to mount.
20210222_142404_HDR.jpg

20210222_142422_HDR.jpg

Flying Delorean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That media basket looks awesome. I can't bring myself to shell out $50 for one, but also don't have the proper tools to make one either lol

OP
OP
TrevN64

TrevN64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That media basket looks awesome. I can't bring myself to shell out $50 for one, but also don't have the proper tools to make one either lol

Thanks! It definitely helps to have a workshop and in my case shelves of plastic cut offs/remnants. You collect tools as projects come up - eventually you have a good collection, never everything you need.

OP
OP
TrevN64

TrevN64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no update! - Tank has given me fits with Dino's and pests. Currently battling bubble algae - its still up and running!

UPDATE ON THE BLUE LIGHTS - 5 minute epoxy isnt a good long term way to fix the blue light strips - they fell into the tank one evening about a month ago - they are waterproof so no damage or worries - I ripped them out and havent been running them - but I do plan to try other ways to affix them.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no update! - Tank has given me fits with Dino's and pests. Currently battling bubble algae - its still up and running!

UPDATE ON THE BLUE LIGHTS - 5 minute epoxy isnt a good long term way to fix the blue light strips - they fell into the tank one evening about a month ago - they are waterproof so no damage or worries - I ripped them out and havent been running them - but I do plan to try other ways to affix them.
Gorilla tape works for me it can hold almost 40 lbs of weight

OP
OP
TrevN64

TrevN64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorilla tape works for me it can hold almost 40 lbs of weight

I think the epoxy broke down in the condensation/heat - and eventually just gave way. It seemed solid up until it failed - famous words.

Im going to pop rivet them to the hood I think - Ill post a picture later - I think ill go tinker with it now.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back