OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love to see fellow reefers with the 180.5 . looking forward to following your build. I just started my build too. haven't posted here yet.

Would love to see it brother. Do you have a link to anywhere else?? Looking for inspiration

Cali Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see it brother. Do you have a link to anywhere else?? Looking for inspiration
I have link above. also will post soon as it done my aquascape and sump

Cali Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also can you explain the reason you went with the XR30 instead of the XR15 radions?

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have link above. also will post soon as it done my aquascape and sump
Thanks man, definitely checking it out!

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrician came today. I ended up putting in two dedicated 20 amp circuits for the tank. Apparently you only want to run them at about 80% capacity, and I will be pulling somewhere around 2300 watts as a starting estimate, so he recommended two. Only charged me another $25 for the second circuit so no biggie!

I also got my water storage tanks, which was the biggest debacle. I drove 2.5 hours one way to pick up the tanks from the factory and then sat around for an hour while they “looked for them”.
Long story short my 5 hour trip turned into an 8 hour trip and I didn’t get the non-drilled tanks I ordered. Sooo I’m stuck with using norwescos crap ABS bulkheads even though I spent the money on schedule 80 ones.

Also! Some more gear came in. I’ll have to get some pics of all the gear on here soon.

Here’s a quick look at what’s to come

B8BA64BE-EB7F-4D46-9A06-4B8E8840866A.jpeg
C95E0A14-AC5E-4536-9083-B168764CB9E0.jpeg
79ABA167-5A67-4851-BD14-CC65781BA347.jpeg

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done. The sooner you can get rocks cooking even if just in a closed bucket the better.

i know dry rock is all the rage but consider seeding with some mature rock from other people’s systems as well.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done. The sooner you can get rocks cooking even if just in a closed bucket the better.

i know dry rock is all the rage but consider seeding with some mature rock from other people’s systems as well.

Thank you.
I am procrastinating on building my scape smh. I’m planing on using Marco mortar to put it together, so it will have to be dry. I don’t know anybody with a tank that I would trust to not introduce any pests unfortunately..

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone has pests - I did a potassium chloride dip (2 grams per litre, I think that’s 8 grams per gallon basically) for 20 minutes and then ran it fallow in bucket for 90 days.

Means I couldn’t do dry scraping, but I think having bacterial colonisation and faster maturity was important for me lol

Cali Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bit more done on the mixing station tonight. Pretty standard stuff I suppose, but I’m excited.

F563C7B4-5094-4907-BB0E-FC0937176BC3.jpeg

Sorry for the weird angle, it’s a tight space, and the only way I could fit it all in the shot.
nice!!!!

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bit more done on the mixing station tonight. Pretty standard stuff I suppose, but I’m excited.

F563C7B4-5094-4907-BB0E-FC0937176BC3.jpeg

Sorry for the weird angle, it’s a tight space, and the only way I could fit it all in the shot.

Is theDOS for auto water changes?

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im toying the idea of doing the same.Do you have an idea of how often and how much water you are going to change?

Planning on 2.5 gallons per day spread out throughout each day for about a 10% weekly water change.
I work a ton, and only have 1 day off, on which I have other obligations.. so AWC were an absolute must have in order for me to start a tank. Without them, I know that there would be times that water changes simply would not happen.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank arrived! Stands together, with some creative alteration to a certain piece “N” that came misdrilled and without the proper hardware. In fact the hardware waterbox told me I should use was not even listed on the build sheet. Check it out Here. :mad: Regardlessshe looks good.
B1DEFA7E-A9AC-48F5-B68D-DD48ACAAE4F4.jpeg

I have no idea how I am going to get the tank up there though. It’s insanely heavy. The smartest thing I did during this whole process was hire a moving crew to get it in the house and down to the basement.

Besides that I made some progress on a simple control board. I’m not super handy when it comes to DIY, but it should get the job done. The cutout in the bottom is to allow me to slide out the Trident door which will sit behind the board.
D6E15724-0E82-4D1B-9DB3-2F1DA4B2FB57.jpeg

Need to drill some holes for wires and she will be all set.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, polished setup. For moving the tank we moved my 112 gallon with half inch glass using moving straps. We put some towels around the glass where the straps were. It was a breeze with 2 people lifting the straps To get it from the garage to the floor right in front of the stand. We set it on some of the foam the tank came packed in trimmed about 1 inch short around the edges so we could get our fingers under the glass. There was then 4 of us that lifted the tank up on to the stand from there and set it angled about 45 degrees off from center so we could pull our fingers out. Then just slid to center on the stand. Im sure we could have done it with just 3 people no problem. It was heavy but really it was more awkward then heavy. Your tank is a little bigger but 4 people maybe a 5th just incase should have no problem. The moving straps were a life saver.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, polished setup. For moving the tank we moved my 112 gallon with half inch glass using moving straps. We put some towels around the glass where the straps were. It was a breeze with 2 people lifting the straps To get it from the garage to the floor right in front of the stand. We set it on some of the foam the tank came packed in trimmed about 1 inch short around the edges so we could get our fingers under the glass. There was then 4 of us that lifted the tank up on to the stand from there and set it angled about 45 degrees off from center so we could pull our fingers out. Then just slid to center on the stand. Im sure we could have done it with just 3 people no problem. It was heavy but really it was more awkward then heavy. Your tank is a little bigger but 4 people maybe a 5th just incase should have no problem. The moving straps were a life saver.
Thanks bro. Luckily the movers set the tank in front of where the stand is now at. I’m thinking of picking up some suction cups to aid in moving it from the floor to the stand. I don’t think I’ll be able to get four people together to move it lol. So it will probably just be me and a buddy. :oops:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back