Tri Color Bounce Mushroom?

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at my LFS today purely out of curiosity with the ever growing bounce mushroom popularity. It was listed for sale as a "tri-color bounce mushroom." From what I've gathered a mushroom isnt a bounce until it develops those benign tumor-like sacks and I saw none in the picture. Is this a rhodactis? Is it being listed as a bounce mushroom because it has the potential to bounce? Or is this mushroom coral simply misidentified/mislabeled in the product listing? Any input is greatly appreciated thanks

20201025_201050~2.jpg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but to me it sounds like you got played. That's just a generic Rhodactis mushroom, not yet bounced from what I can tell. The good news is that it does have some great potential, but them selling it as a bounce is just crappy.
Do you have any more recent pics? I'd love to see if it's developed much.

OP
OP
M

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but to me it sounds like you got played. That's just a generic Rhodactis mushroom, not yet bounced from what I can tell. The good news is that it does have some great potential, but them selling it as a bounce is just crappy.
Do you have any more recent pics? I'd love to see if it's developed much.
Yes you are correct on gettin played, fortunately I didn't drop $300 on the frag i bought it for $60 taking the risk that maybe it has the potential to bounce. I've been maxing out on my blue lights as thats what i heard to be the rumor for getting them to bounce, I slowly increased lighting a few weeks at a time but it must of not liked it much bc it ditched the rock it was on for a spot in the shade. It also left part of its foot on the rock which became another normal rhodi I moved the rock to lower flow and that one went to a shady spot as well. Might try to relocate them soon and can send a pic but def no bounce development and I don't spend money at that shop anymore for many reasons but this just adds to the lot.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you are correct on gettin played, fortunately I didn't drop $300 on the frag i bought it for $60 taking the risk that maybe it has the potential to bounce. I've been maxing out on my blue lights as thats what i heard to be the rumor for getting them to bounce, I slowly increased lighting a few weeks at a time but it must of not liked it much bc it ditched the rock it was on for a spot in the shade. It also left part of its foot on the rock which became another normal rhodi I moved the rock to lower flow and that one went to a shady spot as well. Might try to relocate them soon and can send a pic but def no bounce development and I don't spend money at that shop anymore for many reasons but this just adds to the lot.
Well I'm glad you didn't pay al that much for it. To be completely honest though, it's a pretty nice Rhod! I really think it'll take off in a healthy tank.

Fish_Sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing more frustrating than wanting to buy a nice rhodactis at the LFS and they say, "Oh, that one? Looks like it has a potential bounce" to which I reply with a crazy stare and hilarious laugh of oh god here we go.

The price instantly drops back down to 20 bucks.

Back