Trick or Treat from your reef tank? Happy Halloween!

Do you feel mostly tricked or treated by your reef tank?

• Mostly Tricked

Votes: 81 33.2%
  • Mostly Treated

Votes: 163 66.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Halloween from us at Reef2Reef and trick or treat!

Sometimes or tank tricks us and sometimes it treats us! Today's question of the day pertains to what you hate and what you love so hit me up with some answers to the following questions.

1. What do you HATE (trick) about your current reef tank?

2. What do you LOVE (treat) about your current reef tank?

image.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine keeps reproducing anemones... aiptasia anemones...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently fell back in love with my tank. For the past year, real life got in the way, and hair algae took control.

Life has gotten much better, and I have been able to spend a little time each day improving it, cleaning it, and have new fish and corals in QT!

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TRICK
i hate: loosing zoas to other zoas...the war for space is fierce and no room to grow, also cant put anything in the tank due to space

TREAT
i love: at it´s two years the pico reef pretty much is in cruise control by itself, fully packed and the chemistry and bioload in balance, low maintenance with rock solid numbers, 10% wc every 10 days, fresh batch of saturated kalk in the container, scrap glass, fill ATO... no more than 1 hour including testing....weekly dosing of acropower and coral feeding and that´s it... very difficult at first to mantain the chemistry and husbandry in such a small volume of water, but a very rewarding outcome

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Recovery from Dino and watching everything fully open and growing. One of my hammers (4 head in early August, now 12 head and showing babies)

Emerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tricked...had a healthy growing reef for 18 mos, then bottomed out PO4 and NO3 fighting cyano. That led to dinos and browning & dying SPS, LPS, and clam; raising P04 and NO3 to measurable levels, all parameters in range, and a year later has led to red turf algae battle and continued SPS browning/dying. Adding MicroBacter7 in hopes of getting on the right side of the beneficial bacteria war. Here's hopin'!

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trick: Money that needs to be spent when things start going wrong. That shouldn't be my excuse because I knew 10 years ago what I was getting into.

Treat: Coral growth and solving the puzzle that is reefing. The development of a sustainable eco-system is the most rewarding thing ever!

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Halloween from us at Reef2Reef and trick or treat!

Sometimes or tank tricks us and sometimes it treats us! Today's question of the day pertains to what you hate and what you love so hit me up with some answers to the following questions.

1. What do you HATE (trick) about your current reef tank?

2. What do you LOVE (treat) about your current reef tank?

image.jpg
Hate ?? Not being big enough and that’s mostly on me my pockets are not deep enough.
Love? I truly enjoy the satisfaction of creating a little ocean world in my living room

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tricks: All the little things a reef does to keep you on your toes.
Treats: The constant discovery of emerging and passing life forms, the little miracles you get to witness.

The biggest trick that turned into a treat for me is finding out I won't have to get rid of my tanks (long story). I will have to shutdown my 45, but I will be able to do the new 100 I have and was trying to sell. Not anymore, yay me

jessie45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trick: Hurt my back and then had to have surgery. My tank was an absolute mess and there was nothing I could do for it except watch it degrade and my corals were dying.

Treat: I am well enough again to clean and do water changes again. I dose microbacter7 and vibrant with each water change. My tank and coral could not be happier.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trick: all your corals are going to die, and you're never going to know the exact cause.
On the rebound now, but I still cannot pinpoint exactly what the issue was.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trick: all your corals are going to die, and you're never going to know the exact cause.
On the rebound now, but I still cannot pinpoint exactly what the issue was.

Foul! You gotta have a treat!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back