Trident “No Water Sample” FIXED!

ELL23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new Trident. I performed the recommended Trident initial setup procedure. And then after it performs the initialization process I got the message “No water sample”.

I then went to Trident website for troubleshooting. I followed the recommended course of actions until I tried everything to the end but no luck.

So I decided to try fixing it myself by opening the Trident. I noticed that the sample water line was kinked being attached to the white circular connector. See attached picture.

To avoid getting kinked again I decided to let it loose and not attached to the connector.

Luckily after reassembling back and reset Trident, to my excitement that error was gone and everything now works as it should.

927F5F39-C699-4473-BA6D-100B62D1A7E0.jpeg 07E12135-0543-4A6F-AC53-628D4AAAD8FD.jpeg

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those white blocks are solenoids that open and close the lines so that the trident takes the proper samples of tank water and reagents. If the line you have loose in the second picture is the sample line you run a great chance of back flushing the reagents into your tank, poisoning your reef.

OP
OP
E

ELL23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those white blocks are solenoids that open and close the lines so that the trident takes the proper samples of tank water and reagents. If the line you have loose in the second picture is the sample line you run a great chance of back flushing the reagents into your tank, poisoning your reef.
Appreciate the info. I have reattached the line to the connector and it works great!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back