Trident Maintenance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been addressed recently but as I recall the Trident was supposed to be sent in periodically for maintenance or you could purchase a kit. Are there any details on having this done/ordering a kit?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune has not yet revealed the official maintenance program. They discussed it around the time of Trident launch, but said it would not be required until after 18-24 months of use. It's now been 16 months since launch day, so I'd expect them to announce the plan soon.

Here's a quote from the Trident FAQ:

What are the maintenance and service needs for the Trident?
Like most aquarium devices, regular preventative maintenance is recommended so they perform as designed and have as long a lifespan as possible. The Trident is no different in this respect.

We recommend that the Trident have a routine service of a small number of its parts in the window of 18-24 months. And, while we will have a kit available for customers to do this maintenance themselves, we strongly suggest that the Trident be sent in to our service center to have this performed.

All of the particulars relating to this recommended maintenance will be released at a later time, but at this time we can say that the parts kit to do it yourself will be less than $100 and we are targeting between $150-$200 if sent in to be completed by our service technicians. In addition to these cost estimates, the service completed by Neptune Systems will have several pricing options including an advanced replacement option.

OP
OP
mginani

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune has not yet revealed the official maintenance program. They discussed it around the time of Trident launch, but said it would not be required until after 18-24 months of use. It's now been 16 months since launch day, so I'd expect them to announce the plan soon.

Here's a quote from the Trident FAQ:

What are the maintenance and service needs for the Trident?
Like most aquarium devices, regular preventative maintenance is recommended so they perform as designed and have as long a lifespan as possible. The Trident is no different in this respect.

We recommend that the Trident have a routine service of a small number of its parts in the window of 18-24 months. And, while we will have a kit available for customers to do this maintenance themselves, we strongly suggest that the Trident be sent in to our service center to have this performed.

All of the particulars relating to this recommended maintenance will be released at a later time, but at this time we can say that the parts kit to do it yourself will be less than $100 and we are targeting between $150-$200 if sent in to be completed by our service technicians. In addition to these cost estimates, the service completed by Neptune Systems will have several pricing options including an advanced replacement option.
I’ve read that. Just wondering if they have offered the kit or instructions on how to send it in yet. I’ve noticed mine not staying calibrated for as long.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that. Just wondering if they have offered the kit or instructions on how to send it in yet. I’ve noticed mine not staying calibrated for as long.

No, as I mentioned they haven't made any public announcement yet about the maintenance program.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune needs to release more details, service center? Is the a Neptune's certified LFS or are we mailing these expensive units in? Also with the noticeable delay in mail and risk of damage i would recommend it. Here is a suggestion Neptune, release a comprehensive kit and video where users can successfully maintain the units on their own. I know they mentioned users can, but it doesnt sound like they recommend it.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new information released yet? I am thinking of getting a Trident but holding off until I see the recommented maintance will be easy and affordable..

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$200 to service on a $600 piece of equipment and reagents that are never in stock is a tough sell until something changes.

U

User1

View Badges
$200 to service on a $600 piece of equipment and reagents that are never in stock is a tough sell until something changes.

Lot of errors with this post.

There is no reference to cost of said service. Stop making numbers up.

There has been talk of sending in the unit for service or a over the counter DIY. DIY would be cheaper obviously. There was also a note that they are considering the option of a bench. Meaning they have a stock of tridents new, you send yours in, and get one off the bench... They are looking at several options which is why probably there is no other news at the moment.

Yes, it does run 600 or so dollars.

Yes, it does have reagents. 50 bucks for 2 months, 100 bucks for 6 months. 6 months have been out of stock for a while but just announced last week that they are back in production. So they will be available. Start rolling in. Limited supply for a few, then back on a steady track.

16 months or so far as noted above since launch. No need for service yet or no rush. In fact there is a member here who has one of the first Tridents from beta and hasn't been serviced and running great.

No, you don't need the 3d printed holders for accurate readings.

No you don't need to calibrate every other week or there after for accurate readings.

Point in this - just relax while they look at their data and come forth with options from the company.

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of errors with this post.

There is no reference to cost of said service. Stop making numbers up.

There has been talk of sending in the unit for service or a over the counter DIY. DIY would be cheaper obviously. There was also a note that they are considering the option of a bench. Meaning they have a stock of tridents new, you send yours in, and get one off the bench... They are looking at several options which is why probably there is no other news at the moment.

Yes, it does run 600 or so dollars.

Yes, it does have reagents. 50 bucks for 2 months, 100 bucks for 6 months. 6 months have been out of stock for a while but just announced last week that they are back in production. So they will be available. Start rolling in. Limited supply for a few, then back on a steady track.

16 months or so far as noted above since launch. No need for service yet or no rush. In fact there is a member here who has one of the first Tridents from beta and hasn't been serviced and running great.

No, you don't need the 3d printed holders for accurate readings.

No you don't need to calibrate every other week or there after for accurate readings.

Point in this - just relax while they look at their data and come forth with options from the company.
Kinda late to the party here but there is reference to the price Neptune is “targeting” for maintenance which is 150-200 dollars on the Neptune website that was cited above.

U

User1

View Badges
Kinda late to the party here but there is reference to the price Neptune is “targeting” for maintenance which is 150-200 dollars on the Neptune website that was cited above.

I believe in the original video they talked about a few options with sending it in for service running the most then trailing off from there. We just don't know until they release the information. There are kits out there now that have been running since beta and haven't been serviced.

All I'm saying until we know we do not know. They have a lot of data to sift through and I'm sure they will do the right thing. My reply may have come in a bit hot but I treat it like other things that need service and cost as much if not more not limited to:

Cars
Water heater
Scuba gear (BC, regulators, computers)
Home fire alarms

Never late to the party and glad you replied :D

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in the original video they talked about a few options with sending it in for service running the most then trailing off from there. We just don't know until they release the information. There are kits out there now that have been running since beta and haven't been serviced.

All I'm saying until we know we do not know. They have a lot of data to sift through and I'm sure they will do the right thing. My reply may have come in a bit hot but I treat it like other things that need service and cost as much if not more not limited to:

Cars
Water heater
Scuba gear (BC, regulators, computers)
Home fire alarms

Never late to the party and glad you replied :D
Lol no issues, I just bought one and think it’s great. Totally agree everything has to be maintained.

Blammomike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this maintenance program or parts are not available yet? Unbelievable. I had mine for 6 months. Test were all over the place and opened a ticket so they could guide me through cleaning it..smh. afterwards my test were good but I would have rather replaced the cleap plastic cuvette instead of cleaning.....God knows how many micro scratches are I'm it now.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this maintenance program or parts are not available yet? Unbelievable. I had mine for 6 months. Test were all over the place and opened a ticket so they could guide me through cleaning it..smh. afterwards my test were good but I would have rather replaced the cleap plastic cuvette instead of cleaning.....God knows how many micro scratches are I'm it now.
Another unexplained Neptune delay it seems.

Ru_dark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this still not been released?
Screenshot_20210903-132443_Chrome.jpg

Mz. Fix It

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a YouTube video a guy did recently, a fellow reefer and not a service technician, that shows the complete breakdown of the unit, what to be super careful doing, what to remember when you're putting it all back together and basically how to successfully clean/maintain the unit yourself. Very informative.

Normally I would cringe at the concept assuming I would break something delicate, however, I also own the Reef Kinetics Reefbot and I have to break it down to fix something every few months and that is being done because the manufacturer is overseas and they basically require you to do the DIY thing to fix it. At this point my Trident is giving me the ongoing message "Test A Fail" so I'll be servicing it myself at this point. In watching the video I don't see anything that would warrant even the $100 maintenance kit....just say'n.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, $200 to service plus shipping I am sure plus you are out testing for the turn around. That will end up being 40% of the original cost just for routine maintenance, no wonder you see a lot for sale.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back