Trident Maintenance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wait to see what is released from Neptune before jumping to conclusions. Otherwise it's just gossip. I have had my share of issues as well with the trident, and each time it's due to a build up of detritus, pods etc in the sample line and vial. The vial ime needs to be cleaned every 3 months.

Last edited:

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wait to see what is released from Neptune before jumping to conclusions. Otherwise it's just gossip. I have had my share of issues as well with the trident, and each time it's due to a build up of detritus, pods etc in the sample line and vial. The vial ime needs to be cleaned every 3 months.
I am not sure what you mean about gossip this is directly from their own site and has been there for over a year without progress on the kit:

What are the maintenance and service needs for the Trident?

Like most aquarium devices, regular preventative maintenance is recommended so they perform as designed and have as long a lifespan as possible. The Trident is no different in this respect.
We recommend that the Trident have a routine service of a small number of its parts in the window of 18-24 months. And, while we will have a kit available for customers to do this maintenance themselves, we strongly suggest that the Trident be sent in to our service center to have this performed.
All of the particulars relating to this recommended maintenance will be released at a later time, but at this time we can say that the parts kit to do it yourself will be less than $100 and we are targeting between $150-$200 if sent in to be completed by our service technicians. In addition to these cost estimates, the service completed by Neptune Systems will have several pricing options including an advanced replacement option.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what you mean about gossip this is directly from their own site and has been there for over a year without progress on the kit:

What are the maintenance and service needs for the Trident?

Like most aquarium devices, regular preventative maintenance is recommended so they perform as designed and have as long a lifespan as possible. The Trident is no different in this respect.
We recommend that the Trident have a routine service of a small number of its parts in the window of 18-24 months. And, while we will have a kit available for customers to do this maintenance themselves, we strongly suggest that the Trident be sent in to our service center to have this performed.
All of the particulars relating to this recommended maintenance will be released at a later time, but at this time we can say that the parts kit to do it yourself will be less than $100 and we are targeting between $150-$200 if sent in to be completed by our service technicians. In addition to these cost estimates, the service completed by Neptune Systems will have several pricing options including an advanced replacement option.
I wasn't referring to this part, more how conversation can get sideways about numbers / options that are not specific yet from the source. People need more patience imo. The company does no good for it's self to not deliver a well tested product / options. I'd say there is testing going on right now to ensure the routine service packages are what we need to keep the trident consistent / accurate on its testing.

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the deal with this?! I am one of the early adopters and it seems that my unit diesnt hold calibration ling anymore. I HATE bench testing. Dint trust myself with this delicate piece of equipment.
Where are we with this?

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the deal with this?! I am one of the early adopters and it seems that my unit diesnt hold calibration ling anymore. I HATE bench testing. Dint trust myself with this delicate piece of equipment.
Where are we with this?
Their solution is buy another trident

CHASDB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They have options in place. Start a help ticket with your Trident. They will give you options:

diy repair ( they have videos available),
exchange (you send in your unit and they repair/ return your unit)
advanced exchange (you pay deposit and they ship a refirb. unit, once up and running you return your original and get get refund when received)

I did the advanced exchange in June/ July as I was going to be away from my tank and wanted it running constantly. New one works flawlessly. I did get the optional pre filter as well.

On my unit, I had a leak at the cuvette hose barb- which caused corrosion on the pc boards leading to erratic tests and test errors.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a YouTube video a guy did recently, a fellow reefer and not a service technician, that shows the complete breakdown of the unit, what to be super careful doing, what to remember when you're putting it all back together and basically how to successfully clean/maintain the unit yourself. Very informative.

Normally I would cringe at the concept assuming I would break something delicate, however, I also own the Reef Kinetics Reefbot and I have to break it down to fix something every few months and that is being done because the manufacturer is overseas and they basically require you to do the DIY thing to fix it. At this point my Trident is giving me the ongoing message "Test A Fail" so I'll be servicing it myself at this point. In watching the video I don't see anything that would warrant even the $100 maintenance kit....just say'n.
Link to this video???

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back