Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm new to using a trident and late last night I noticed that it said reagent A was empty. This morning before leaving for work I go ahead and replace reagent A (first time I've had to replace a reagent). I then start a manual test before leaving. When I get to work about 20 minutes later I check and it says that it is still testing. A few minutes later it comes up with a test A failed. I did some googling and read that it is either a kinked line (which is still a possibility) or the trident needs rebooted after replacing reagent. I go ahead and reboot the trident from fusion and do another manual test for alkalinity. The test took a long time (I honestly thought it would fail) but it finally finished and it says my alk is 11.82 whereas it has always been around 8.25 before. I'm assuming it's a false reading, but is there something that would cause that like a partially instructed line not allowing as much reagent to be added as the trident thinks? Or is there something that will cause a unusual reading after replacing a reagent?

Sorry for such a long post but it's a little alarming when I see my alk jump over 3dkh instantly. Although I fully believe my tank is fine and it's something with the trident.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ok so now that my trident did its automatic test for all 3, alk has climbed 2 more dkh and calcium has dropped by 100 ppm. Assuming nothing is actually wrong with tank (my wife sent me a video of the tank and everything seems to be normal) how can changing one reagent cause my parameters to be so far off?

BRS

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 151 24.4%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 319 51.5%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 45 7.3%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 52 8.4%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 41 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 12 1.9%
QT FISH