Trident Users Check Accuracy

BRS

Gtinnel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm new to trident and only on my first set of reagents, but is there enough calibration fluid left to run a full test? I used my leftover to check my red sea tests. When I compare my red sea test results to trident they are the same within a reasonable margin or error.

Upvote 0
OP
vic5hands

vic5hands

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm new to trident and only on my first set of reagents, but is there enough calibration fluid left to run a full test? I used my leftover to check my red sea tests. When I compare my red sea test results to trident they are the same within a reasonable margin or error.
yes there is plenty of calibration fluid to run a full test

Upvote 0

jamo130788

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I tested the calibration fluid dkh with my Hannah and got a full 2 points difference .. I have the same difference when I measure my tank. Hanna says 9 - trident says 7. Went ahead and sent off an icp test and got the results back with a dkh of 9.1. All that being said , I think the calibration fluid is garbage ( well at least the couple bottles I got ). Not sure what do now because whenever you notify Neptune of this problem they blame the “3rd party test kits “ anyone else experience this ?

Upvote 0

Sea_Shanty_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You also don't need to calibrate after every reagent change. Sometimes the readings don't fluctuate at all. After a year of trident use I have probably 4-5 spare bottles of reagent between my two tanks

Upvote 0

Gtinnel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You also don't need to calibrate after every reagent change. Sometimes the readings don't fluctuate at all. After a year of trident use I have probably 4-5 spare bottles of reagent between my two tanks
Oh I thought it was supposed to be calibrated after replacing all 3 reagents. My trident out of the box was really far off on cal/mag before calibrating it. When I change reagents I will see if my readings still look correct.

Upvote 0
BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 100 42.4%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 101 42.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.0%
Cultivated Reef