TRIDENTS IN STOCK AT BRS RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USA USA USA isn't it great to speak your mind or charge what you want for something, or to be able to have the resources to pay what you want for something.

1574517701563.png

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because scalping the equipment adds no value and only makes things expensive. When you grow coral, you put in expertise and time so it's normal it's rewarded. Same for purchasing used items and cleaning/parting them.
By scalping a trident, you're adding no value to the hobby or anyone but yourself. Neptune and BRS have sold the item for MSRP even if demand exceeds the supply to be fair to hobbyists.
I'm not trying to convince you but the majority of people believe that people who unjustly enrich themselves at the detriment of others don't deserve it and make it worse for everyone. Whether it's electronic scalping, ticket scalping or an automated solution tester...

Agreed. In my opinion, it's a shame that Neptune didn't price the Trident higher at first and gradually lower the price to $599 once they were able to meet the demand. It pains me to see scalpers reaping the profits that should more justly go to Neptune for developing a hit product.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Trident isn't a discontinued product , so you are talking about two different scopes of reality. It is like comparing an antique hot rod they don't make anymore to a Tesla model that they cannot meet demand for. Sure I could go drive around buying the Tesla and reselling it , with the sole purpose of profit. But the antique car , I cannot do that , it is worth money because they no longer produce it . Two different economic factors in play here. For that matter why don't you buy other aquarium items and sell them online , would they sell.

Also, if you want to make a side business out of it , why not sell in eBay , so you can pay the listing fees and final sale value fees.

It is supply and demand no matter what the product is. The IKEA parts were just an example of something I had to buy at a marked up price myself.

And I do sell on there and pay the fees. It is usually 10-15% of the selling price.

If I bought a Trident (or any other product) and listed it on eBay, I set the starting price. The bidders are the one that determine the final value.

Last edited:

DzidtheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new trident from BRS but with my luck the ups worker delivered to the wrong address. The friendly neighbor 2 blocks from me came and dropped it off 6 hours later. As i opened the trident, i noticed i never got the reagents, 1link cable, tubing, nothing. Just the base unit itself. Now i have to wait another week or so to receive everything. I did however put the trident on the dining room table as a nice centerpiece lol

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new trident from BRS but with my luck the ups worker delivered to the wrong address. The friendly neighbor 2 blocks from me came and dropped it off 6 hours later. As i opened the trident, i noticed i never got the reagents, 1link cable, tubing, nothing. Just the base unit itself. Now i have to wait another week or so to receive everything. I did however put the trident on the dining room table as a nice centerpiece lol

Was the trident sealed with the plastic shrink wrap stuff? And inside was just the trident itself? Nothing else?

I got a Cor20 a few weeks ago that looked like it was used. Odd....

Potential

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to 2019 to the lazy generation!
I’m one of them!haha I don’t have my Trident yet. But I’ve turned my house into a smart house.

I’m so lazy that I have 100ft pipe that goes below my lawn to the edge of my property. It waters my privacy trees. It’s all on a setting controlled via app. Lazy 101!
Couldn’t even drag the hose over.hahaha!
If people had not rushed out to buy these at $600.00 the price would have dropped this hobby is expense enough

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
black-friday-stampede-o.gif

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the bubble on Tridents in the USA is popping. Every vendor I see with them don't sell out instantly like the did at first.

And then we get to experience it all over again if they decide to release a NO3 and PO4 Trident. Looking forward to it if so..

Back