Trigger fish is sick

Mical15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently purchased a Niger Trigger from my LFS. For the first few days he was doing great, eating well and swimming everywhere. Yesterday he seemed to be in very bad shape, he was behaving very weirdly, both using the rocks to scratch himself and swimming very erratically. Today I noticed that their are a lot of black spots on his fins, and they are deteriorating very quickly. Today he's also just parking himself under a rock and it's getting me very worried. Does any1 know what this might be?

Attachments

• Trigger Sick.jpg
    Trigger Sick.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 275

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of looks like fin rot looking at the fins. I would post in the fish disease section there are better eyes there who might be able to pinpoint better.

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of looks like fin rot looking at the fins. I would post in the fish disease section there are better eyes there who might be able to pinpoint better.

sorry you did post here, lol did not see in the bread crumb trail from the home page. I'm sure someone here can help on the ID.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a bacteria infection, I would do a water change.

^^This. Although I think you need to get this fish into a QT ASAP so that antibiotics can be administered. If he's scratching on rocks, he probably also has parasites.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back