Trigger fish is taking eels home

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a picasso trigger is there any way to nudge him to like the other rocks more he's overtaking my snowflake eels cave I tried rearranging the other cave structure so he could fit better but he didn't seem to care

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a picasso trigger is there any way to nudge him to like the other rocks more he's overtaking my snowflake eels cave I tried rearranging the other cave structure so he could fit better but he didn't seem to care
You'll have to rescape the whole thing, in which both the eel and trigger feel displaced. Then, they'll both need to find a new home, which will hopefully be separate places. The trigger clearly likes the eel's territory, and unfortunately you'll have to make it so neither of them gets it.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me this isnt your 10 gallon tank.

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How soon I wanted to upgrade the tank in a few years because all of what the snowflake can be with get fairly large he's about 3 inches long right now

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I had said I wanted to upgrade the tank later I thought I would have to time to get the new tank before he got to large

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not let them work it out together? A new fish hanging with the established eel sounds like the beginning of a good relationship between the two. Keep your hands off and let them know you expect them to be civil and courteous with each other.

The eel gets his own cave in the upgrade and they may share that space also? Let them share.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How soon I wanted to upgrade the tank in a few years because all of what the snowflake can be with get fairly large he's about 3 inches long right now

The snowflake isn't why you will need to upgrade, it's the tang.

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not let them work it out together? A new fish hanging with the established eel sounds like the beginning of a good relationship between the two. Keep your hands off and let them know you expect them to be civil and courteous with each other.

The eel gets his own cave in the upgrade and they may share that space also? Let them share.
The issue is only the feedings so far otherwise I would leave them alone the trigger takes the food in the cave and the eel doesn't wait for me to get him his he tries to take it from the trigger but the trigger doesn't want to wait his turn either and tries to take what I'm trying to give the eel

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is only the feedings so far otherwise I would leave them alone the trigger takes the food in the cave and the eel doesn't wait for me to get him his he tries to take it from the trigger but the trigger doesn't want to wait his turn either and tries to take what I'm trying to give the eel
My Tangs do this with Nori sheets. They have learned to share but they still eat aggressively. It’s in their natures to eat quick to prevent other fish from stealing their food. You have to work with them to train them to tank life. Make sure they both get some every feeding and they will calm down over time

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tangs do this with Nori sheets. They have learned to share but they still eat aggressively. It’s in their natures to eat quick to prevent other fish from stealing their food. You have to work with them to train them to tank life. Make sure they both get some every feeding and they will calm down over time

You guys were right I figured I'd give a a couple more days but now the trigger is the eels dinner bell already he pokes out tries to steal the food but isn't fighting anymore the trigger just nips the tongs when I'm giving the eel his the trigger doesn't seem interested in squid much

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya he takes the tank portals so far just the 1 but you never know lol

Back