trigger fish

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 75-gallon tank and am thinking of making it a little carnivore tank so i was wondering what trigger fish i could put in so far i got a Picasso triggerfish a bursa and a Niger trigger

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ya know... There is THAT alternative :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:. To the op: Are you stocked with anything else or just the triggers?
There are four in here. Humu, Niger, Undulate, and Clown. None we're over 5". Clean up crew got pretty expensive...

Other fish included purple tang, clown tang, sailfin tang, Clown fish, mandarin, single spot fox face, fiji fox face, purple dottyback, and chromis.

Not saying that I recommend the practice...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are four in here. Humu, Niger, Undulate, and Clown. None we're over 5". Clean up crew got pretty expensive...

Other fish included purple tang, clown tang, sailfin tang, Clown fish, mandarin, single spot fox face, fiji fox face, purple dottyback, and chromis.

Man I Hate clown tangs... They're always up go no good and startin trash

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your 200 gallon, I wouldn't loose sleep. I had 4 (pair of nigers, humu humu and a ******* of a clown) in a 150g + maybe 10 fish or so at its peak. All four made it over 6+ inches before I broke it down. I was a fowlr, so n&p wasn't much a issue.

I do what most would consider overstocking regularly!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your 200 gallon, I wouldn't loose sleep. I had 4 (pair of nigers, humu humu and a ******* of a clown) in a 150g + maybe 10 fish or so at its peak. All four made it over 6+ inches before I broke it down. I was a fowlr, so n&p wasn't much a issue.

I do what most would consider overstocking regularly!
The video is from my 110... :grimacing-face:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i have a 75-gallon tank and am thinking of making it a little carnivore tank so i was wondering what trigger fish i could put in so far i got a Picasso triggerfish a bursa and a Niger trigger
Humu Humu
Blue throat
Blue Jaw
crosshatch

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mid sized male blue jaw in a mixed reef 180 and he has been a perfect gentleman and grown ever so slightly

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no On the Picasso or any trigger
that would be a no for the most part, 1 blue throat(jaw) or 1 picasso trigger might do ok if it is the ONLY trigger in the tank, the rest you mentioned get too large. Not multiple triggers in that size tank

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be a no for the most part, 1 blue throat(jaw) or 1 picasso trigger might do ok if it is the ONLY trigger in the tank, the rest you mentioned get too large. Not multiple triggers in that size tank
+1 on a picasso, but Id go humu instead of a blue throat. IME, those two stay comparatively smaller.

Any of the others, they tend to end up at the 8" length and larger when fully grown.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back