Trigger issue

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the only way to get rid of it would be a copper treatment Huh? Man that will kill all of my inverts

Gotta remove the fish to a QT for copper treatment and leave the display (including inverts) fallow which means no fish for 76 days.

OP
OP
Msmerek

Msmerek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's only on the fish? Sorry I've never had to deal with this and I've had tanks for about 10 years. I just don't understand. Is it not in the sand and rock or anything?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read these. They should help clear up any confusion. Both will explain the life cycle of each parasite in detail and should talk about fallow periods as well. The point of the fallow period is to remove the food (fish host) from the tank so the parasites left in the display starve and die out while the fish are being treated in a QT.

Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans)
Velvet (Amyloodinium ocellatum)

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try CP, also kills all inverts. For inverts you need to remove them and put them in a seperate tank and keep them there for 76 days without any contact with fish. Also its not advisable to treat the DT, live rock will absorb medication and mess up the levels.

Back