Trip to visit WWC, Best X-mas gift ever from the wife!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2143.JPG

I have a new tank build going and kept babbling on about how much I admired the tanks, corals and people at WWC. She is even going to come with me. I am so excited! I really want to see the aquascaping in person, as well as see where in their tanks they keep the corals I already have from them. Best present ever!!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you are in town, you might visit Top Shelf Aquatics up in Winter Park. They have not been around as long as WWC but they have really come along. They have a nice little coral grow room that they will take you into. It is a bunch of fun. I would think if you want to buy coral there, they will hold it and send it to you once you get home.

In Orlando, you have Living Reef Orlando. I have not been recently, but they have posted some interesting corals recently.

Also local is Epcot with a nice aquarium.

If you want to, you could drive down to West Palm Beach and snorkel the Blue Heron Bridge at high tide only. It is a world class macro dive. It is better with scuba. If you scuba dive both Jupiter and West Palm have good diving.

There are a bunch of places to see wild Florida. You can canoe at Wekiva Springs. You can walk New Smyrna Beach Dunes Park. You can go birding at the Cape Caneveral Sea Shore. There are many great places to see outside of the theme parks.

Heck you could go down and see Bok Tower. It has gardens that were laid out by the great landscape archetech, Frederick Law Olmsted. He designed Central Park.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you are in town, you might visit Top Shelf Aquatics up in Winter Park. They have not been around as long as WWC but they have really come along. They have a nice little coral grow room that they will take you into. It is a bunch of fun. I would think if you want to buy coral there, they will hold it and send it to you once you get home.

In Orlando, you have Living Reef Orlando. I have not been recently, but they have posted some interesting corals recently.

Also local is Epcot with a nice aquarium.

If you want to, you could drive down to West Palm Beach and snorkel the Blue Heron Bridge at high tide only. It is a world class macro dive. It is better with scuba. If you scuba dive both Jupiter and West Palm have good diving.

There are a bunch of places to see wild Florida. You can canoe at Wekiva Springs. You can walk New Smyrna Beach Dunes Park. You can go birding at the Cape Caneveral Sea Shore. There are many great places to see outside of the theme parks.

Heck you could go down and see Bok Tower. It has gardens that were laid out by the great landscape archetech, Frederick Law Olmsted. He designed Central Park.
We have a couple parks here in birmingham that were done by Olmsted. World class.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once your at world wide you won't have enough time to see the other shops. Lol. You can go by all the tanks including the back 3 times and still see something new. Josh and the crew will take great care of you.
Hah, I have a full day set aside for WWC,

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are getting in late the first day, you could head over to downtown Disney. It doesn't cost anything to walk around and they have lots of interesting shops, restaurants and music to enjoy. Next day go to WWC first, I could literally spend all day there looking at their tanks and coral. If you go early enough you could squeeze in a trip to Daytona or New Smyrna Beach. You can drive onto the beach with your car and park so no need to lug anything. If heading to the beach you could make a quick detour and visit Top Shelf Aquatics in Winter Park as PatW mentioned, it is really worth checking out.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back